gvironda
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Torbole, Garda Lake
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Lefkada, Capo Mannu, Naxos, Tuscany,
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North Kites confusion! On purpose???

Postby gvironda » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:25 am

+1 for westozzy
totally agree

longbeachrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach, CA
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Ozone, Cabrinha, Slingshot

Postby longbeachrider » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:45 pm

I would purchase/build a small neoprene bag with the open end threaded with a bungie, or just a circle of neoprene and a bungie loop. Slip it over the valve when you pack up the kite. Bungie ends can also be sharp!

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Westozzy wrote:Well I thought dans response was as honest as you can get. Dan comes across as one of the decent guys on here always willing to give advice and help and his information always has substance. I think you are way out of line.
:thumb: 100% agree!

To be clear: yes you can argue, just put a patch on it... who cares... well, I do... if I buy a frickin brand new kite, I don't want to have it patched after a few weeks or months... In addition, as I mentioned in my previous post, I just don't get why North is not protecting ALL hard plastic parts. Here is a pic of my Rebel 12m... you see the holes on the multi pump valve on the pics... I don't want to have 6 patches on my Rebel because they don't protect the plastic properly...

I rather buy a Cab or Slingy instead... no patch required (and no bitchy 5th line as an added bonus :D )
Attachments
6 (1).jpg
6 (1).jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (11.77 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (12.56 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

ThickAir
Medium Poster

Postby ThickAir » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

eree wrote:nah, nothing new...

another patronizing if not arrogant response from the headquarter.
everybody know that brands employee who gets free kites every season is much-much more careful with his gear than the ignorant vandalic average kiter who buys it for his own dear money and has no respect for the product whatsoever! how dare he accuse the respected brand of sloppiness!
You are such a little bitch. God damn, there are some true assholes in this sport.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Ive never been married to one kite co. Ive always had different brands for different sizes. This year is the first time ive gone with the same brand for every size. North just always seems to have bar and valve issues. My quiver this year is 2015 ride 14m, 14,12,9,7 pivots.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:46 pm

heinzbush wrote:
Westozzy wrote:Well I thought dans response was as honest as you can get. Dan comes across as one of the decent guys on here always willing to give advice and help and his information always has substance. I think you are way out of line.

To be clear: yes you can argue, just put a patch on it... who cares... well, I do... if I buy a frickin brand new kite, I don't want to have it patched after a few weeks or months... In addition, as I mentioned in my previous post, I just don't get why North is not protecting ALL hard plastic parts. Here is a pic of my Rebel 12m... you see the holes on the multi pump valve on the pics... I don't want to have 6 patches on my Rebel because they don't protect the plastic properly...

I rather buy a Cab or Slingy instead... no patch required (and no bitchy 5th line as an added bonus :D )

Heinz can you tell me which one pump inflate did you find this issue...was it at the central strut?

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:36 am

Westozzy wrote:
heinzbush wrote:

Heinz can you tell me which one pump inflate did you find this issue...was it at the central strut?
Correct, central strut!! Why u ask?

On the other struts I could find small scratches and weakened material, so I assume at some point the pinholes would have appeared there as well..

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:20 am

Well that's where we found ours! So maybe Dan could feed that back to north. Easy fix.

Babel
Medium Poster

Postby Babel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:02 pm

@ Dan: Since there is an example for my theory now, how would Norths policy be in adding the patch for 2014 rebel buyers?

Reason why I am asking is that I can already see the fabric above the valve being stressed and I would like the patch before there is an actual hole.

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Babel wrote:@ Dan: Since there is an example for my theory now, how would Norths policy be in adding the patch for 2014 rebel buyers?

Reason why I am asking is that I can already see the fabric above the valve being stressed and I would like the patch before there is an actual hole.
Send a mail to north and they provide a patch that u can put on it (adhesive).

Problem is: since u can get holes on every strut (like it happened to Wes and me on the middle one) cuz they didn't protect the plastic multi pump valves, u would need 6 patches on ur kite...

No thanks...

Return to “Kitesurfing”