Forum for kitesurfers
freefall
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby freefall » Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:38 pm

Hi ...
I just started to kitesurf . I am from Turkey and i can't decide to buy naish X2 or takoon Skoop .. Can you give me some information about both kites and give me some help to decide which one is better ... Thankss ..

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:00 am

have you cosidered buying an RRD kite the lads at kitedemon have some good deals on at the moment trying sending off a mail to mailto: kitedemon@kitedemon.com

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:13 am

Hi
If you are a beginner rather take the Naish Aero. The X2 is for more advanced riders

Hi
If you are a beginner rather take the Naish Aero. The X2 is for more advanced riders

Maybe a kite with such performance as the skoop or X2 is not the best choice for you.

These are both very advanced kite and especially the X2 is very technical and it takes lots of skill to get them to work well. They are not beginner kites.

I would go for something with a slightly lower aspect ratio like an Aero or so, the advantage is easier control and water relaunching, more forgiving in lulls due to low end power and of course price. It's still not a beginner kite but a better choice and will still last you a long time.

Mahalo,

Rudy

freefall
Rare Poster

Postby freefall » Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:35 am

You are so right about this guys , i change my mind about x2 and skoop .. I decided to buy a used kite for learning . One of my friends is selling his two naish AR5 for 700$ one is 7.5 and the other is 11.5 .. What do you think about this kites . Those are better for a beginner ?

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:43 am

I've used the 7.5m AR5 for about a year now and had some good sessions on it. I'm 75kgs and it goes well from 15 to 25 knots... can handle more once you get better.

Haven't used the AR5 11.5 but used the ARX 11.5 and that goes really well from 11 to 17 knots...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:01 pm

if you are under 65kg the 7.5 would be a good first kite, if you are over 70, the 11.5 would be a good first kite..

Return to “Kitesurfing”