Re: Zian kiteboarding

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:56 pm

haha ok that's true lol

jplmain
Medium Poster
Local Beach: kailua
Style: freeride, surf
Gear: OR rise 15, RPM 10 8, griffin 13.5 argo, Kites
Mako King, 5-10" best board, 143-44 cabrina tt.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jplmain » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:36 am

I have in my hands the 2013: 11 kima and the 14 Aquila. I find these kites to be my go kites for there wind range. Very well built and fly with control and power. What is new or different in the 2014 kites and what can we expect in the 2014 bar?
Note: I am not a paid employee or represent for gifts. I took a gamble and bought off of ebay because I don't like to pay 2 grand for a kite that cost 400 to make. I am still the only one at Kailua that fly Zain and everyone ask me "who makes that kite?" "is it any good?" And most like it when demoed but rather pay more for brand name :roll: I am not cheap but I am a gambler and won on this one.

Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster
Gear: Aquila, Kima, Hantu
Brand Affiliation: Zian kiteboarding

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:25 am

Good you are happy with the gear. Ebay is Patrick which is Zian Americas. Price on ebay is actually the price as in the America's online shop but you may have been lucky with an early adopter price.

For people from Europe that is not beneficial as they will pay much less when they buy directly from Zian Europe, sebastiaan@ziankites.com, due to transport costs and taxes. Prices in our current (old) EU shop were negotiable. We are currently working on a new European website and shop where "price is what you really pay" unless buying more than 1 kite where there is still some extra discount given. (note: I have to respect forum rules so cannot mention the current prices here).

We do not work with yearly models. Instead we work with version numbers. We do introduce small updates but without changing the version number or waiting for a new year to start. For example; we have already increased bag size and introduced air stop on the V1 models. We are working on some other small things and maybe some other colors one day but it will still all be V1 as long as we do not really change flying characteristics.

We are also working on bar v2. but again, it will not be there because of 2014 starting but just when we have finished the new model.

We are also working on a new kite model which will find it's introduction somewhere in 2014 as well :D

hudstur
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Delray Beach, Florida
Boca Raton, FL
Boynton Beach, FL
Lighthouse Point, FL
Favorite Beaches: Delray Beach, FL
Hood River, OR
Floras Lake, OR
Cape Hatteras, NC
Napeague, NY
Bahamas
Kauai, Hawaii
Canada, PEI & Georgian Bay
Traverse City, MI
La Ventana, Mexico
Cabarete, DR
Florida Keys
Style: Directional Waves, Freeride, Foilboard
Gear: OCEAN RODEO Duke 5’4”, OR Flites, FOne kites, SS Mixer 5’10”, Litewavedesigns Kick S.

Postby hudstur » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Hope the new bag has NO ZIPPERS!!! And also no extra pockets, carry other stuff in a separate bag. Saw an ozone bag on the beach, check one out.

ice
Medium Poster

Postby ice » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:43 am

Any update on what is happening with Zian?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:41 pm

ice wrote:Any update on what is happening with Zian?
From what i've seen they have gotten much better. Personally i saw the first versions and they were crappy build. But after seeing the new Hantu for example that really changed alot, the quality has gotten right there with all the other brands. The kites look really good and i know some people who ride them and really like them. The brands is really approving wich i see as a great quality in a brand.

Now i just need to hope they need a graphic designer ^^

Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Great news soon to share :)
We are in the final stage of a very exciting event .
Silence before the storm :wink:

yojimbo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: dillon
Style: kite surf

Postby yojimbo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Very thankful that English is my first language and am always impressed by the English skills of those of you for whom english is not your native language. Having said that, I find the "English" spoken by the Zian rep, the OP, very, very funny. I've been chuckling for the last couple of days. Again, not meaning to offend in any way since I realize how difficult it is to communicate in another non-native language.

So I can't help but associate Zian with this hilarity now, which may not be such a bad thing. It's a combination of the awkward sentence structure, the bizarre holding back of information and earnest delivery.

Checked eBay for zian kites since I am in the U.S., and I didn't see any listings.

Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:04 am

Hi, English is not my native language indeed. What you see is Dutch-English :wink:
Although my aim is to do it correct, the idea of people smiling when reading/thinking about Zian kiteboarding does not sound so bad as well :)

Think we are quit open and honest in giving info. But at some point you run into info that can only be shared once it makes sence...cliffhanger, not so bad :D

golfaroo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fort Pierce Inlet
Favorite Beaches: AJ's spot at Valkaria Rd and US 1 in Valkaria, FL.
Style: free ride
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby golfaroo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Zian kiteboarding wrote:Great news soon to share :)
We are in the final stage of a very exciting event .
Silence before the storm :wink:
Did I miss the "storm"? It's been 6 months now, there's gotta be some updates about this!

Return to “Kitesurfing”