Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best light-wind snow kite? Cabriha Velocity 18M?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best light-wind snow kite? Cabriha Velocity 18M?

Postby robertovillate » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:25 am

haha...it didn't survive very well.

i got both halves now (plus bar and lines intact) and will have it sewn back together...perhaps it will fly again. if not - no big deal, it's only a kite...and an inexpensive one at that, and after 13 years of kiting it would be the first "total loss" kite. And in the 2 months I had that 9m Peak I probably used it and had more fun with it than most people can do in 5 years because it's been such an amazing winter...so it was worth it either way and good for a laugh. Have a new one ordered and enroute anyway -- should be here by Friday...so not missing a single beat here and conditions are PRIMO.

i think I'm detecting some schadenfreude...hahhaahhahaha :bye: thanks for asking though :lol:

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:53 am

robertovillate wrote:haha...it didn't survive very well.

i got both halves now (plus bar and lines intact) and will have it sewn back together...perhaps it will fly again. if not - no big deal, it's only a kite...and an inexpensive one at that, and after 13 years of kiting it would be the first "total loss" kite. And in the 2 months I had that 9m Peak I probably used it and had more fun with it than most people can do in 5 years because it's been such an amazing winter...so it was worth it either way and good for a laugh. Have a new one ordered and enroute anyway -- should be here by Friday...so not missing a single beat here and conditions are PRIMO.

i think I'm detecting some schadenfreude...hahhaahhahaha :bye: thanks for asking though :lol:
Too bad to heard that :( So you got a new one? I have one Peak 9m almost brand new that I could have sell to a very good price. Anyway, hope you either got the new one or at least fix the two part together :wink:

rvrrat
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Garrett County Md.
Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby rvrrat » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:14 am

How much for the 9M Peak?

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:31 pm

rvrrat wrote:How much for the 9M Peak?
I don't want to hijack the thread, please send an email: info@kitexpress.ca

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:32 am

Séb wrote:
robertovillate wrote:haha...it didn't survive very well.

Too bad to heard that :( So you got a new one? I have one Peak 9m almost brand new that I could have sell to a very good price. Anyway, hope you either got the new one or at least fix the two part together :wink:
salute Seb...fyi the kite is fixed finally and will be back in action! thanks though...good winds to ye up there!

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Anyone try the ozone chrono on snow?

Debating between foil and lei, if it wasn't for those complex bridles on foils..

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Postby matthepp » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Not to hijack the discussion away from foils (I'd love to try out a Peak too) but I love the old 15m Flite on snow. On water I haven't had as much success staying upwind but on snow there is more range, especially on steep terrain with upslope winds. I like a kite that turns quickly and loops. I can't seem to make the race type kites do well in junk mountain wind and my 11m foil seems gutless until Beaufort 5. Getting the Flite turned so many light days into fun days. A friend also says the same about the Fat Lady. I think one's performance criteria will influence kite type.

I am really looking forward to winter! Summer winds have been lackluster. Some accumulation way up high will mean kite days wahoo!

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:32 pm

matthepp wrote:Not to hijack the discussion away from foils (I'd love to try out a Peak too) but I love the old 15m Flite on snow. On water I haven't had as much success staying upwind but on snow there is more range, especially on steep terrain with upslope winds. I like a kite that turns quickly and loops. I can't seem to make the race type kites do well in junk mountain wind and my 11m foil seems gutless until Beaufort 5. Getting the Flite turned so many light days into fun days. A friend also says the same about the Fat Lady. I think one's performance criteria will influence kite type.

I am really looking forward to winter! Summer winds have been lackluster. Some accumulation way up high will mean kite days wahoo!
I think you should try the Peak asap. There was a good review here a few weeks ago that I think was very good. I realize that no kite does everything perfectly, but for touring back country and most other applications the Peak is awesome. The only thing it does not do is boost and glide like a big twin skin foil or LEI. But sometimes that's a good thing too. And the price is pretty sweet too.

NorthStar
Rare Poster

Postby NorthStar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:46 am

Its not the kite that makes the Best Light Wind Kite..... its the Pilot.

marketing hype marketing hype marketing hype.

blah blah blah

We cant even categorize a class for racing ski's vs. snowboard.

skiers can blow the doors off a boarder and have a lot more versatility and apparent energy for light winds.

The BEST Kiteboarding TS 17 meter is by far the highest performance kite on the market and most value for your $ that I have flown.
http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2014/03/t ... lightwind/

Return to “Snow / Land”