Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flexifoil Blade III or Flysurfer Titan

Forum for snow- and landkiters
mserms
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mserms » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:44 pm

VPS sucks dude, stick with 2 line Blades (or four if you like handles).

Mark

Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed 4, Sonic 2
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Carlos_C » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:29 pm

Titan handles gusts and wind holes better due to jet flaps rather than th epsycho which is a high ar kite which likes smooth wind.

Blades are great but where I fly on land ....I seem to spend more time flying with my 7mt maniac than the guys with similar sized blades. Ok they boost more and its easier to do rotations etc on a fixed bar...but for cruising around the field....no contest.

Andy

blueswan
Rare Poster

Postby blueswan » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:01 am

So if the jet flaps are there to handle gusts, is the gust absorber for reducing stall condition due to trailing vortexes?

The lower ar on the titan makes it more stable (as in less lift per m^2), but the depower on a psycho is greater which should make it better in gusty conditions unless you're flying overpowered already.

Andy

WANTSOME

Postby WANTSOME » Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:46 pm

mserms wrote:VPS sucks dude, stick with 2 line Blades (or four if you like handles).

Mark
My VPS`d 9m fly`s very well thank you very much....

I`ve got the gift of tuning them up..done 3 other`s so far..all owner`s are well pleased with the result`s..and know longer wish to sell them..

mserms
Rare Poster

Postby mserms » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:47 am

Thought you'd say that new boy... ;)

Seriously though, the loss of lower wind range kills it for me.

WANTSOME

Postby WANTSOME » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:32 pm

mserms wrote:Thought you'd say that new boy... ;)

Seriously though, the loss of lower wind range kills it for me.

I don`t suffer any low wind power loss..but if it`s low wind ( 5 - 7mph ) I won`t fly hooked in...just tie a knot behind the bar so the centre line`s stay tight..
But..if the wind`s that low the 10.5 come`s out...cause know other blade can touch it..

goshen
Rare Poster

Postby goshen » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:24 am

What about stability on the Blade III, when compared to the Blade II? I've tried the 3, 4.9 and 8.5 Blade III's, and find them very unstable, almost as much so as the Ozone Razor...

Have you boarded in gusty winds with it? What about in 'steady' winds, but on large hills, or mountainous terrain? Stability during big jumps, and less than perfect landings is paramount IMO. Faster and more powerful won't do squat if you're constantly recoving from kite-luffs. I would never recommend using a FS Psycho on snow, because it's just too prone to throwing itself out of the air.

If the Blade III turns out to be anything like this, then I will be very dissapointed. I haven't flown the 4.9 B3 in it's ideal wind yet (15 knots), but there's wind today, if I can get out of the shop to play.

Goshen

srod
Medium Poster

Postby srod » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:14 am

Goshen, I fly an 8.5m blade 3 - I find it as stable, if not more so than my 9m blade 2 as far as holding it's postion and not over flying. It's sits nicely above your head during jumps, and it hasn't yet folded up on me unexpectedly - i have full confidence in it for jumping, and this is flying in my local field with gusty badass wind.

I have found that it needs to be full of air to fly right - it can be hard to recover the kite after luffing. Whereas the old blades would deflate a little float back and a few tugs on the bar would fill them up and away you go - the mk3s seem to back down quite rapidly, pumping the bar and getting the air back in them isn't easy, especially during a lull.

HiAsAKite
Rare Poster

Postby HiAsAKite » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:10 am

How does a 'tuned' Psycho compare to the blade or Titan (ie Psycho with the Flysurfer stability improvement bridle adjustment proposed on the FS website)?

I have heard this makes it very similar in performance to a Titan (minus jet flaps).. but have not been able to corrobarate this...

Anyone?

biancaneve
Rare Poster

go for the Blades

Postby biancaneve » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:21 pm

go for the blades. I've flown 4.9 and 9.0 blade II on snow. they are . . .the best!
about depower, fly a size lower blade III otherwise buy ozone frenzy.

Return to “Snow / Land”