Cabrinha BT's 2002

Forum for kitesurfers
joe public
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby joe public » Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:00 pm

Hi folks,
I would like to know some (honest) impressions/opinions of people flying the Cabrinha BT's 2002. I've just sold my BT's 2001 (finally) who were, in my humble opinion, quite satisfying (f.e. I did not have any bladderproblems with them) ... Thx.

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Foxi » Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:38 pm

just go for search function on several forums and you will find lots of satisfied BT 02 users - BUT X2 is out and Rhino 2 will follow soon, so why to go for a 2002 design right now ?

aloha

HT

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:48 pm

Do you want the truth? Stop reading if you don't. In the US they are already closing them out to dealers. You can get new 2002 Black Tips dirt cheap. Why? because they were amoung the worst of the new bread of 2002 kites. They jelly fish worse than all other 2002 kites. Sure they are made well, but they don't fly nearly as good as many other 2002 kites. It's been another disappointing year for Cabrinha. They were selling new 2001 kites well into 2002 at huge close out deals. It may be a repeat again with the inventory of unsold 2002s.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:39 pm

There always seems to be one anonymous posting about the jellyfishing on the 2002 BT's. Not sure if its a anti-Cabrinha streak. If you are gonna post a really negative response then have the balls to post your name so we can see if its the same guy. So far it looks like it. Its that guy that knows a pro who uses one and complains like hell. If he is complaining so much, why doesn't he get sponsorship with another brand, or can't he?

Lets put it this way, if things were as bad as he said, the kite wouldn't be winning competitions, and right now it is. If it was that bad, any guy with half a level of skills and a new "decent" kite would be killing the cabrinha pro's. Go figure.

Check out kite-surf.com and look at the reviews on the 2002 Cabrinha's and you will find 95% of them are very favourable.

Hangtimer is right though in one respect, one option is to wait for the new kites, or alternatively, wait for the new kites, so you can get previous models at a reduction. If you want to get the 2002, it is virtually bullet proof, so you shouldn't have problems there. I haven't had any problems with mine.

francky
Medium Poster

Postby francky » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:32 pm

Hello
My friend is using a cabrinha 2002 BT and it's not jelly fishing at all ... To my opinion i prefer other kite like fone or takoon for 2002 but cabrinha BT are good kites too .

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:44 pm

I have a Cabrinha BT 12.2, and it's a great kite. I pump it up nice and rigid, and it doesn't seem to jellyfish. It turns really well for it's size as well. I would rate it better than the Airblast, but not as good as the X2. It definately blows away the Aero, but trickier to relaunch.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:29 pm

i too use 9.4 bt 2002.nothing common with 2001 problems-booletproof(used it one seasson)-.../not very stable when parked but who needs it parked...perfect hangtime.compare to X2 better...value for price(u can have two BT in the price of one X2(if u follow me)):)))

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:54 am

between the mid June and this week i have been using them. I think they have some problems as do most kites but in general they are pretty dam good.
the 12.2 turns a billion times faster than the old 12.2 but still not as good as the newer North and Naish kites. The 9.4 and smaller ones are fantastic kites and can do as much as you need to. I haven't seen any better than the 9.4. Martin Vari, Marc Ramseler and Andre Phillip who are some of the best kiters in the world seem to make them work well enough. There is not much that they can't do with these kites.
A few important tips though will help the kites perform to the best of their ability.
First and most important is making sure the leaders are the correct lenghts. I find that Cabrinha sometimes have the center leaders a little too long. If they are too long then the kite will jellyfish or not perform to the best of their ability. All 4 lines should be taught when the kite is set to max power. If the middle lines are slack then you have to change the leader length. Also if the outer lines are slack then an adjustment needs to be made. Pump them up hard and have fun which is what its all about. Most of the people complaining about kites wouldn't know the difference between north 2002 and cabtinha 2001 kites and couldn't get a decent jump with "the best" kite in the world. People need to focus more on their riding and less on what they are riding IMO. Most of the new big name kites are great and get better with each season. The new Cabrinha kites will be out in the Fall i hear. For now if my knee were not hurting me i'd be happy to keep kitesurfing on my BT 2002 kites.
eli

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:14 am

I had a BT 2001.
Got a warranty replacement with a 2002 and very happy.
Find it solid, predictable and great fun.
For me, a great kite.

Rory

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:49 am

Seems like the jellyfishing problem might be explained here, but I think most of it comes down to pumping it real hard. Its one of the kites where you can actually pump it harder than most.

Return to “Kitesurfing”