Forum for kitesurfers
jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jever98 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:57 pm

...also to have something to practice:
Do you have any tips or tricks on how to do them best?

My problem seems to be that I can't jump very well hooked-in. If I don't, and let go of the bar with 1 hand, I tend to depower too much and not have the airtime for the 1 footer.
Should I modify my jumping technique for sheeted-out jumping? Should I hook in when I launch into the jump?

Any other tips and tricks on no/one footers?

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:07 pm

two super important things which helped me learn them pretty quick are:
if you are in the chicken loop, then hold the bar close to the middle instead of at wither end. this way you can hold the power in better. Otherwise stay in the main loop.
Another good tip if you are using the chicken loop for your jumps is to jump when super powered. In fact, i find it very difficult to do any one foot jumps unless i am powered enough to go big. Don't bother when you are trying to force jumps. Eli
http://www.kiteantigua.com

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:12 pm

Eli,
thanks for the quick reply. I will try hold the bar more in the middle, I hope I won't let the kite go back too far :smile:

Will tell you on Monday how it worked for me...

Return to “Kitesurfing”