Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

X2 flying lines questions

Forum for kitesurfers
cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:06 pm

After about 20 days on my X2 I notice that my front flying lines have stretched about 4 cm more than my back lines. This is normal and expected. But I can't figure how to change my leader lines to compensate for this ..without putting on new longer rear line leaders. Am I missing something?

And another question. After I do a loop or spin, it takes me a while before I can do one in the opposite direction to untwist my lines. Is this eventually going to cause wear on my flying lines where they twist together? (I can't always use my spinning bar because sometimes I need to wear a leash.)

Chris G

jever98
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jever98 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:23 pm

If you open up some of the knots in the leaders of the back lines (the ones you don't use because they are too far down, anyway, this will make the back lines longer again.

As to the twisting: if you use the Naish leash, you can still untwist your bar. The leash will simply wrap around the chickenloop line. And yes, you are bound to get wear and tear on your lines.

Cheers
Nico

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:13 pm

Thanks Nico
Good idea. Undoing each knot gains about 2 cm on a rear leader line.
It takes a while to get those knots undone though.
Chris G

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cglazier on 2002-08-23 19:15 ]</font>

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hernan » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:06 pm

Add a longer pigtails to the back attachment points. If you like more tuning make some knots to them.

Return to “Kitesurfing”