Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kite lines - what is diff between 4-line spectra and 2-line?

Forum for kitesurfers
BillF
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BillF » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:17 pm

Hi,

I ordered spectra replacements for my 2-line kite and received a 4-line Naish pack of 27 meter lines, with one set labeled front and one labeled back.

Should I think of this as two sets of 2-lines for my 2-liner, or is there some subtle difference between the ratings for front vs. back lines, or 4-line sets vs. 2-line sets?

Thanks

Fabe
Medium Poster

Postby Fabe » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:18 am

Don´t know it for sure but I guess the only difference between the two sets of lines is the color-code. On newer Naish-Kites the ends of the frontlines are black/grey, the backlines are red and green. So you can´t attach the lines to the wrong points.

Everthing else on line-sets for tube kites should be the same.

You have differences on line-sets for 4-line-foilkites. In these sets the backlines are only for lower loads, because they are only breaking-lines on these kites.

Fabe

BillF
Rare Poster

Postby BillF » Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:10 am

Thanks for the reply. Since that's what I was hoping to hear, I'll run with it! But let me re-ask a question that I posted earlier, that no one respond to: Does anyone know anything about replacement line-sheaths that are suppossedly available? Since my loops are worn, AND I have a knot 1 foot from the loops, I was thinking of cutting off the last foot or so, and using these "aftermarket" sheaths to get some more life out of that line set. Thoughts?

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:04 am

Well, I don't know about the line sheaths, but you can just tie a double overhand knot at the end and use that loop to attach to your kite.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:11 am

I have been using a simple double-knot at the end of the lines instead of incorporating sheathing like what was in the original lines. It has worked great all year.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:46 pm

this stupid text has been deleted

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Admin on 2002-09-02 14:50 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”