Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

US$5000 Flysurfer Challenge

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

US$5000 Flysurfer Challenge

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:04 pm

The top riders are regularly pulling COMPLETE double (720 degree) kiteloops.

Here's the deal. I will pay $5000US to any rider who can do a COMPLETE double kiteloop on a Flysurfer Titan.

The double loop must be captured on video and shown on this forum. It must be a COMPLETE double loop, not some half-arsed back-loop to wipeout claimed as a kiteloop (eg Chris Calthrop). It must be done using standard kit. The wonders of computer video editing make anything possible, so the double loop must be done at a PKRA event and verified by the judges. There are several legs of the PKRA coming up in the next few months, to the time limit is 3 months starting from today.

I'm 100% confident that I won't have to pay up. Because of aerodynamic inefficiency, high drag, inertia, and slow turning, I the Titan cannot do a complete FORWARD kiteloop, let alone a double loop.

Anyway, the challenge is on the table. Come on Ram air lovers, let's see what you've got. Stop your whining. Prove your kites are in the same league as modern inflatables.

RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby RC-Kiter » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:29 pm

Hi PMU, this time posting as a guest? I will take the bait.

What a challenge you came up with, how many LEI rider's in the world can pull a double kiteloop and land it nicely? Maybe 2,3 max. 5 ???

I have seen guys doing kiteloops on FS kites, so it is possible, ofcourse
you don't believe me so check for yourself. http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de/gallery/cuxtr/index.html
und gezeigt, dass man auch mit einem Flysurfer Kite ganz locker Kiteloops fliegen kann >> and shown that one can easily do kiteloops with a Flysurfer Kite
Get on with your life please, go out, sail, have fun, enjoy kiting!! :thumb:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:48 pm

RC-Kiter wrote:Hi PMU, this time posting as a guest? I will take the bait.
Sorry - I thought I was signed in.
RC-Kiter wrote: What a challenge you came up with, how many LEI rider's in the world can pull a double kiteloop and land it nicely? Maybe 2,3 max. 5 ???
Probably the top 20-50 can stomp double kiteloops on their day.
RC-Kiter wrote: I have seen guys doing kiteloops on FS kites
I've seen ram air riders complete half-arsed semi-wipeout back loops. I have NEVER seen any ram air rider COMPLETE a single FORWARD kiteloop.

Kolahi
Frequent Poster

Postby Kolahi » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:54 pm

this is OT, but im pretty sure a 27m line + g-13 could do a double kite loop, a g-10 on 27m lines np.

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:10 am

I'll give 5 bucks to anybody who can launch their lei BY THEMSELVES from a boat.
I'll give ten bucks to anybody who can swim out with their lei in a bag,
into deep water,
by themselves,
blow it up,
and launch it.
Never mind scratching their stomach while they rub their head, or whatever else they rub.

Mike B
Rare Poster

Postby Mike B » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:23 am

The fact behind a foil type kite is to create a smooth profile over the top and bottom surface. It's sad to see you've still got the facts mixed up on the differences between kites. A big balloon leading edge that doesn't have a smooth surface on the bottom creates little eddie's of wind underneath it witch is what we call drag. The foil profile is very effiecient, and it's the bridle line's that have drag, NOT the profile. Haven't you learned anything about aerodynamics yet, or is your opinon still your facts? Boring! Your just asking for punishment from your continued spams. Why don't you research on the web for facts about aerodynamics and copy/paste it in here for us.

You'll never pay anyway's cause you hate foil kites, probably paragliders and hanggliders too. You should design a new airfoil for the government that has a big fat round leading edge, smooth top surface and broken airflow under the bottom. You dumb ass, you don't listen to anybody. All kite's have there good points and bad points. It also has alot to do with the people flying them. I've seen alot of LEI's guy's have problems with there kites and it's not fun. I would'nt ever dream of making fun of them or attacking them because of what they fly, Even if it was my opinion.

Which is more effiecient, a blow up doll or a senthetic love doll? Which do you prefer pump me off? Bring on your spam you dumb ass, advertising, email spaming piece of shit. That's my opinion so it must be the truth. Do you ever have problems dealing with your erection while kiteing?

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjorn » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:50 pm

Mike B wrote: You should design a new airfoil for the government that has a big fat round leading edge, smooth top surface and broken airflow under the bottom. You dumb ass, you don't listen to anybody.
The G-Arc profile has a suqare trailing edge. Peter Lynn obviously designed it to be a non optimal shape so it causes drag.

LEI's have drag designed in them, double skinned LEI's were one of the first things Don M. and the Leg. bro's tried to increase their perfmance. But they gave up on it, the smooth profile didn't act how they wanted it to.

So it's reasonable to say that these people are happy to have this drag, infact, they design it in from the start. Why? Well thats another question, but needless to say it must be benificial. If it wasn't we'd see Arc shaped kites with better profiles.

Pump Me Up, lend me one of your FS Titans, man I need that money, I'll go out in crazy winds and just go for it.

john.e.boy

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:23 pm

i never even seen a double kite loop, if you mean a double loop of the kite, and the only full on kite lop i've ever seen is that one on the hang ten trailer.

show us the footage of the lei guys doing it.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:28 am

I think any official event should be fine, how about it PMU?

If you are serious about it, you should somehow make sure that if someone does it he will get the money!

You can send me a private message with more details about how it should be done.

I bet Flysurfer will push this challenge.
But how about a challenge you vs. Ted B? With judges and everything?
That would be a great challenge as well!!! :thumb:

Greets
Toby

taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: North orbit

Postby taabsr » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:29 pm

i'm doing the back kite loop once, and i might be able to make the 2. I'm still afraid since i already broke a board and i'm afraid of breaking something else (me) so this is why i haven't tryed it too many times but it's absolutly possible the kite is fast enought if u have the courage and nerves required.(not me yet)
I would prefer this last duel. A chalenge betwen pmu and ted b. I wouldn't mind competing also. This way we could see how PMU rides ando how experience he his to make his claims and also he would have a chance to prove the superiority of his leis.

I would make a side bet, i would bet that if he let's his big lei drop on the water he will not be able to water relauch inside the competition area.
More i think he will have to swim in.

Just kiding.
But anyway it would be good to see if PMU does know anything abouut kites or if he is a cyberkiter.
I vote for Cyberkiter

Return to “Kitesurfing”