Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

X2 Choice

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:55 am

I live in Puerto Rico and wiegh 190#s....Winds 10-20 kts avg, 5'2" directional. I have an Aero 16 and and Aero 12. The 16 is a truck and I love it in light winds. Looping it is tricky and you better wear an impact vest. The 12 jumps well but only when the wind hits about 18+ kts. I'm seriously looking into an X2 to get a better jumping kite but I dont know if it will be that much better then the aeros. Is it worth another $1300. Also, how is the down the line pull compared to the Aero....Ive heard it pulls less down the line, but jumps better, if so the 14 could replace the 12.0 aero well........Thanks, Chucki

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:07 pm

Chuck.....I think that the higher performing aspect ratio kites are great but when it comes to ease of handling, cost and durability the difference between one kite and another, when it all boils down to it is whatever makes you happy. Advantages of X2 over what you have...higher performance...higher cost...less durability...more dificult relaunch.
Find what you like to sail then stick with it till you either outgrow it or something that is awesome shows up. There are guys out there doing radical stuff on very old 2 line kites so with an Aero you should be able to get to any level. Good luck Brah.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:40 pm

Sounds like good advice, thanks.

Chuck

Return to “Kitesurfing”