Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What you do besides Surfkiting on your free time...

Forum for kitesurfers
Monkey4Christ76
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Monkey4Christ76 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:58 am

Hey everyone how's it going I made this forum so people could kind of express to each other what they do on their free time in order to provide others with good ideas... like myself I play this really cool thing called neopets...some of you have heard of it :smile: At neopets you play games tons of games and get points from these games, with the points you can go virtual shopping :grin: and buy thing for your virtual pets. It may sound dumb but there are many many things from reality in this game like jobs...except more fun. Everyone should really give it a try here: http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=cardiacguy

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:19 am

at least you can't hurt yourself while there is no wind!
That is when the most accidents happen - you still want your kite up at land and play with it. Land is harder than water, so watch out!

Mabu
Rare Poster

Postby Mabu » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:25 am

try revolution kites (http://www.revkites.com); it's a technical beach toy; a lot of fun starting at 2 knts & useful for improving you kite handling; once the wind picks up you grap the real thing!

Fabjet1
Frequent Poster

Postby Fabjet1 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:54 pm

Hi,
Thoses kites looks kind of fun, how much for a schockwave?Approx?
Thks.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:16 pm

When the wind isn't strong enough to go kitesurfing and I'm allready at the beach then I get the C Quads out and fly them on the beach... they are a technicial kite to fly but have bulk power as well....

My 4.2 C Quad has a power output in between my 7.5m AR5 and my 11.5m ARX. I like stunting my 8.5m C Quad in 4 knots... when my inflatable doesn't even fly.

Buggying is fun as well.. good jibing and kite skills can be achieved with a buggy in light winds on a beach. With the C Quad I can buggy and then get out of the buggy and into my directional board and go kitesurfing when the wind picks up....

With these neoprets can you win real money and buy real stuff... like X2's and wakeboards etc.....??

RUST IN PEACE :smile:

seanblakley
Rare Poster

Postby seanblakley » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:23 pm

too many hobbies for too little money! Paint ball, Weight lifting, My truck, R/C Airplanes, Rock Climbing, And now Kite Boarding! I'm really into all of these things (working on kite boarding).

-Sean

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:35 pm

I used to race RC Cars... I still have my car's, heaps of fun.....

My Dad used to fly RC planes when we lived in New York... he loved it.

Kitebuggying kicks ass in the right conditions and I catch the odd waves every now and then...

Oh yes and electronics and making high voltage generator (more into that when I leave home and get my own place) but have got some sparks flying and blown a few things up... fun :smile:

Windsurfing in storm force winds......

RUST IN PEACE :smile:

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:01 am

I go mountain biking now, it's the oppostie of kitesurfing as far as conditions... I don't care about wind, direction, beach, rain, trees etc...!

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:00 am

Me too!

I go Mountain-Biking when there is no water around, Scubadiving when there is water but no wind, Snowboarding or Snowkiting when there is water in frozen condition. And I play Golf for business reasons (but I still have sex!)

Greetz

Tim

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:04 am

And as many of you do RC stuff:

I used to race RC Buggies and fly Helicopters a few years ago. But unfortunately this does not fit my portfolio anymore when time gets limited.

Tim

Return to “Kitesurfing”