Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

X2 performence vs durability

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:17 am

We have been flying the 12,14,16.20,X2for about a month now,they are good high performence kites BUT bewere they are only for those who are very good flyers.if you drop this kite and it inverts during relunching it will tear around the main bladder.The rigid construction that makes this kite fly so well will also leaves no flex in the kite frame for mistakes,if at inverted or flexed out of shape it will tear it has to give somewhere.We have seen 3 torn kites in testing ..If you overrate you ability and buy an expert kite..this could be an xxxpensive exercise,,Thanks Steve

ctkiteboarding
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ctkiteboarding » Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:18 am

would that not be covered by naish or the local dist.or shop should get a new kite under some warantee

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:39 pm

Ha.....Naish Warranty???????????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Royce on 2002-08-25 13:39 ]</font>

ctkiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby ctkiteboarding » Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:19 pm

i hear ya, but the shop i work with will , or so the owner says he will,
but to this date i have never had a problem, i think peter arnet would try to cover any problems also

Ray-au
Medium Poster

Postby Ray-au » Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:48 pm

Naish warranty, what is that?
Try contacting Naish in Maui, you will be waiting for months to get a reply.
The lokal distributor? hey, he is always overseas at a conferance, im still trying after 8 months,

ctkiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby ctkiteboarding » Sun Aug 25, 2002 5:28 pm

did you email him? and still no reply ? how about the local shop that you have been supporting , no help from them ? i dont no maybe some one from naish is reading

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 25, 2002 5:58 pm

I'm not surprised they don't honour the warranty for a ripped kite after being flipped inside out - It ain't meant to do that so why should it cost the manufacturer?

It's like saying "I just bought this fast car & I wheel spin it too much, but the tyres are bald now so I should get them replaced on warranty"

You is trippin'.
Radman

Quick point - I have flipped my RRd inside out & powered her up - no problems there! RRD's build to last! :smile: (I did have to get rescued though!)

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:06 pm

would it help to inflate the leading edge harder?

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:29 pm

Murdoc...no matter how hard you inflate that leading edge Naish won't warranty it. Kidding.The more air you put in it the more it wants to tear itself appart when it flips inside out. Less air the kite bends more and rips less. From what I have heard from many different sources.....your Naish would have to litterally come out of the box with a big defect ie pannels missing before any warranty would be applied. Also if you have a shop warrantying something like that support them 100% because it is at their cost. A good shop should warranty anything like that. Most warranties are for manufacturers defects not kite design problems. IE if your kite comes from the factory with construction problems the manufacturer will warranty it not the shop. They are just the middle man. Warranties are hard to find. Especially at the Naish factory.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:55 pm

3 torn kites in testing... How many hours produced 3 torn kites and white size kites were they? thnx

Return to “Kitesurfing”