Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites
Has thanked: 0

Re: Biggest Kite Markets in the USA

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:40 pm

And I do understand people just looking for a laugh, but there's also a few who just see a name and immediately go after them- like Do-It and Pull Strings try to do with me. If they truly had balls, they'd post as themselves and give me their business name, and I'll gladly return the favor. Their dearly deleted friend Supa was gone from here in just a few posts, so its funny how soon they forget who's the undisputed undefeated troll smasher is around here :jump:

I learned from my "elders" when I began teaching that they don't care about money, hate anything to do with it in this sport, and won't think twice about reporting them all. I never doubted them.
I learned to respect our kite scene and everyone in it real fast in operating a high-volume school and never had a problem with them, nor keeping my head down with how I do biz at the beach. They know my efforts over the years and gave me that respect right back. Now that I'm hanging it up on trying, they're going to report every single one of them to a number of 3 lettered agencies and shite will hit the fan.
Of course I'll get blamed for every bit of it because I already have. Dude sold gear to the park manager and immediately blamed me. I may do another post and call everyone in this industry out that hasn't tried to help prevent this. LOL

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:27 am

Last edited by PullStrings on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:07 am

We knew that already, I just hope you didn't eat lunch in the cubicle today to work on that one liner and re-editing all your "memes". :roll:
Last edited by KiteboardingTampaBay on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:12 am

You sure are a drama queen. Here is a little piece of advice. If you don't want to be made fun of quit putting yourself out there the way you do. You are hilarious buddy. You called my kite shop about things I said about you on a forum and expect me not to poke fun....... we still laugh about that.

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:44 am

Reality King is more appropriate. :D

The term "drama queen" is the go-to defense mechanism for kiters who can't handle the truth, and not creative enough to think up something better. It's truly killing the sport....brah. :roll:

You guys were getting pretty nasty trying to attack my biz and Supa got himself banned over that deal. I'm a smart enough guy to know that you and Supa are buddies/industry wannabees of 321 Kiteboarding, so yeah, I called Ro and let him know that you and Supa give his shop a bad name.

What if I was a dick like you and attacked his shop publicly? Those are the parameters you guys have set, correct?

I have every right to given you and Supa's action towards my business, but not that kind of person, and gave Ro a free pass because I like the guy.

:shout: Please tell him "you're welcome" for me if ya don't mind. :thumb:

You're still trying to smear my biz, and even affect the sale of it and I rarely even post here. Again, when Toby gets tired of babysitting you anonymous haters, you'll be gone. You guys turned a "kite market" thread into huckfest of unfunny, socially inept garbage STILL attacking my business on any post I make, and even worse- you guys are still horrible at it!

Get some F'ing knock knock joke books for the shop or something man, it's downright embarrasing. :duh:

Keep up the great work, newbie. :jump:

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster

Postby PullStrings » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:26 pm

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Your other 'meme' was far better, man. Geez, your dryness is worse than I thought. :roll:
Once again, please just stop. :idea:
Its an incredible waste of Toby's bandwith, and detracts from the topic that you derailed on the first post, in your ongoing attack on my biz. I may play the game with you, but at least he knows who I am, and that I have my limits.
*As he's working to improve the functionality and usefulness of the site, maybe clearing out the anonymous hater smear campaign types would be a good start, and increase readership and encourage participation. I help with that when I can....:naughty:

Getting back to the topic- A true industry/ sport-wide survey could help track growth of the sport, and show the need for more access, at least in the USA. Having nothing has never worked for us and it's painfully obvious we need to do something different.

A big part of access issues in the USA are that kiters are unorganized, and we have zero way to show that we're not 12 year olds, but successful professionals, community leaders, etc. and do have an increased need for access. Our standard procedure thusfar, is to do nothing, argue about it the ends of the earth, and of course 100% rely on Ricki to fix it for us.

My suggestion would be to create a useful, ongoing survey for everyone to use. Give the data free to industry folks in exchange for their cooperation to implement it. Given the reach and tech of social media, it could be a relatively easy task to get started. In my opinion and observations, Laughingman has a good eye for how the survey questions can produce more useful data. :thumb:

Keeping it going (making it increasingly useful) would involve figuring a way for new kiters to complete the survey upon entry to the sport. Maybe a standardized discount on their gear?

For seasoned kiters and getting voluntary updates, maybe some free swag or wear items (bladder sets, centerlines, etc.) as an incentive would work.
The cost to industry is minimal and benefits endless, even for access issues. Give Ricki some golden info like that and watch him 'nae nae', whatever that is... :D

Thoughts, suggestions, or better ideas?

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster

Postby PullStrings » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:12 pm

KiteboardingTampaBay wrote: and detracts from the topic that you derailed on the first post.
Yeah :idea: don't set yourself up anymore like you did originally by posting right after the OP and advertise your website business with all the bells and whistles for $15,000. Then of course erase that post. Who in their right mind would give you their hard earned money for essentially hot air in extra flat and boring Tampa bay area ?

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:04 pm

KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:Your other 'meme' was far better, man. Geez, your dryness is worse than I thought. :roll:
Once again, please just stop. :idea:
Its an incredible waste of Toby's bandwith, and detracts from the topic that you derailed on the first post, in your ongoing attack on my biz. I may play the game with you, but at least he knows who I am, and that I have my limits.
*As he's working to improve the functionality and usefulness of the site, maybe clearing out the anonymous hater smear campaign types would be a good start, and increase readership and encourage participation. I help with that when I can....:naughty:

Getting back to the topic- A true industry/ sport-wide survey could help track growth of the sport, and show the need for more access, at least in the USA. Having nothing has never worked for us and it's painfully obvious we need to do something different.

A big part of access issues in the USA are that kiters are unorganized, and we have zero way to show that we're not 12 year olds, but successful professionals, community leaders, etc. and do have an increased need for access. Our standard procedure thusfar, is to do nothing, argue about it the ends of the earth, and of course 100% rely on Ricki to fix it for us.

My suggestion would be to create a useful, ongoing survey for everyone to use. Give the data free to industry folks in exchange for their cooperation to implement it. Given the reach and tech of social media, it could be a relatively easy task to get started. In my opinion and observations, Laughingman has a good eye for how the survey questions can produce more useful data. :thumb:

Keeping it going (making it increasingly useful) would involve figuring a way for new kiters to complete the survey upon entry to the sport. Maybe a standardized discount on their gear?

For seasoned kiters and getting voluntary updates, maybe some free swag or wear items (bladder sets, centerlines, etc.) as an incentive would work.
The cost to industry is minimal and benefits endless, even for access issues. Give Ricki some golden info like that and watch him 'nae nae', whatever that is... :D

Contact Peter Svenhard at Kiteracing.net and work with him to put together a Google Docs or SurveyMonkey format to distro throughout his network. He's a pretty well connected guy on social media and can get a survey site circulated pretty easily through his website and facebook page(s).

You could also set up a website that offers a small discount on equipment with preferred manufacturers if people fill out the survey first...basically 5% off for helping the brands market themselves through survey data.

Piece of cake...

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:53 pm

OK and thanks Mossy, I'll look into it. Pardon the dribble on here, that's good info you shared. :thumb:
I just can't resist pulling strings and jerking chains when challenged. Let's see if he takes the bait again. :D

Hey Pull Strings- it's off topic, but let me answer why I'd post that, answer your questions, prove my point, AND make you look like an idiot again- all at the same time! :D I gotta make it fun for me to even respond, so let's continue-
Who would want my website?
Err, how about... a smart business man? (site rank & trademark is worth a few bucks) As much as my phone rings, Its a month or two of lessons, max. Not a bad investment to live like a dudebro rockstar kiter for as long as ya want in sunny Florida, USA, brah. What do you have to offer these guys?

These gear slinger salesman types would sell their firstborn child to get that exposure and direct connection to students.
I'm just letting them know about it for the baby's sake man, don't hate. :baby:

How about someone sitting in 20 degree weather right now and frozen lakes? :D
big school, small school?
fat guy, skinny guy?

It doesn't matter, it's a killer deal for an established biz with a good portion of it reinvested in the community thru our charitable org. How about we do 50% of that donated to Action Sports Foundation, just for you, cupcake.:allbegood:

Tell all the pro kiters and industry dudez that come from here, and/or come here regularly how flat, windless, and boring it is. Want a list? We have kiters on every podium in most USA events and one who's a regular invitee to KOTA, so yeah it's horrible watching these guys crush it. :roll:

Anybody ever hear of a kook student of KTB? I sure haven't, and that's all that matters as an instructor. Despite my writing style, I'm known to be a good instructor and not too shabby at forum games, either.
Despite your continued efforts to anonymously smear me, I ran a great lesson biz with a 99% happy customer rate all those years. And before you try again, of course I have a few bad reviews- (less that 1%) have you seen the kooks getting into the sport these days? LOL I have funny stories for most all of them. We went thru this already with Supa, and you seem to be equally as smart. Going after a biz on here isn't cool, and like you, Supa just couldn't resisit. You're up to 4 or 5 off topic posts just to smear me, and I removed good info with the original post.
Keep up the great work! :lol:

Again, you've been catfished via hook, line, and sinker and nowhere to swim, so please stop smearing me on every post you can. Accept that you're not going to hurt my feelings, and that I'm only going to make you look more silly every time you post.

Are you done yet dude?
I have things to do.
:jump:

Return to “Kitesurfing”