Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Welcome to kiteforum.com 4.0

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Dear users!

Welcome to the new kiteforum.com 4.0
!

After years of trial and error I finally have almost all tools I ever wanted on all my sites.
Back then I chose to have 3 different sites, with each its own focus, therefore I split the sites into forum, video and spots site.
I realized it makes more sense to concentrate all content on one site, therefore the spots database from splocs.com and the videos from kiteforum.TV have been integrated into the new kiteforum.com 4.0.

Content

Please give us some time to get more content to all sections of the new site.
Over the time we will have many more content in all sections like events, demos, outlet shops, marketplace (second hand), session logs, my map with local rider etc.
The more content you can add (e.g. sessions logs), the more useful the site gets, and you will discover the great possibilities all this collected info on one site will offer.

Report Bugs

Please report any problems you have using the new site including the system and browser you do. A screenshot will also help.
Mail to: info(att)kiteforum.com

Login Info

The new kiteforum.com is based on two platforms:
- the forums
- the social media

Both parts use the same login, which gets stored on the forum part.
In the social media part you do need to login (sign in) again.

Settings

To change your settings for the forum you need to be on the forum part (Home or Forums).
To change the settings for your social media part, go to any other part of the site and find all link on top there.

Privacy

We respect your privacy, therefore almost all parts of the social media has options to set your privacy settings, so content will only be visible for you, or your friends, or everyone.

Mobile View

All sites are programmed to work well on your mobile devices.

Home

The new kiteforum.com home offers a quick overview of all areas of the site.
Scroll down to find all latest info of the world of kiting.

Forums

The new layout is a bit different, showing more important parts first and is easier to read.
When you click "Forums" on the navigation you will get to the overview of all forums that are available on kiteforum.com.

Social Home

This home is your social media home. Here you will find all latest concerning your social media account on kiteforum.com. It works like all similar social media platforms.

News

Find here all kite related news from around the world.
We display Facebook and Instagram feeds from our sponsors, team riders, event organizers and from kiteforum.com itself.

Videos

We integrated kiteforum.TV into kiteforum.com!
Our new video platform offers thousands of videos from the past and today. We added the most important videos from TV to the new video page. The old KF TV website can be found as an archive here: http://tv.kiteforum.com
We have many new tools for you to find great and helpful videos.
Use the sections, tags and subscribe to users and tags.

Adding videos is also made easy...just copy and past the Youtube, Vimeo or Dailymotion link and the video info will be added automatically.

Marketplace

Here you can sell anything related to our sport.
Mainly used for second hand gear, it offers also the possibility to list jobs, real estates etc.
Nice tools make the search easier.
Everyone can list their second gear for sale for free.
The ads can be linked to a location which makes it easy to find gar at a certain spot.
The ad is also listed on the spot part under "Marketplace".
A great possibility to find gear in a certain spot where you don't want to bring your gear.
Or to sell used gear in a country that has high priced gear, so locals can buy it cheaper of you.

Pictures

The picture tool will show pictures you added to the social media (check privacy settings). You can also import your pictures easily from your Facebook or Instagram albums.

Events

Anyone who organizes any kind of events is welcome to add their events to this worldwide event calendar.
People are interested in any kind of events, like worldcups, national tours, demo days, BBQ, parties, pro camps etc.

Directory

The directory is a free tool for any shop, school, hotel, guesthouse, car rental, downwind tours etc
List your business for free.
And it will also show on the spots at "Directory" with its distance to the spot marker.
If you want special attention for your ad being sponsored or featured, contact us for further info.

Spots

We integrated world's largest spot database splocs.com into kiteforum.com!
Find all spots with a normal or advanced search, giving you many options to search for.
We also have many tools for you to integrate yourself by adding you as a local, favorite, visited rider etc...so people can get in touch with you if they need further info or want to make new kite friends.
Also session logs are linked to spots, so you can check what others riders say about the conditions etc.
You can edit all info and also add pictures. Please make sure the info you add does not contain commercial info, we will check everything uploaded to keep the database clean.

My Map

Create your own kite map by adding all the spots you have kited at...you can choose between local, favorite, visited and future.
Adding yourself as "Future" will show others (if privacy is public) when you will visit a spot, so you could find travel partner or share costs.

Session Logs

A great way to keep informed about your sessions you had in the past.
The statistics can show you interesting info.
And you can also see if you are the top rider in your country!
The session log also gets linked to the spot section, where other people can have a real wind report from a rider.

Outlet Shop

Here you can find special offers from around the world from all kind of business who have a special sale and want to clear their stock or have a last minute offer.
Great for all producers, shops, schools, and companies who offers all kind of services around our sport.
The shop is for free, payments go directly to the shop owner. kiteforum.com only charges commission of 5% when something got sold.
kf 4 home.png
kf 4 home.png (309.33 KiB) Viewed 3131 times

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Re: Welcome to kiteforum.com 4.0

Postby norcom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:33 pm

In the Quick Links where you have "Unanswered Posts" and "Active Topics" would be nice if it also had "Latest Posts". Similar to what you have on the front page but it'll have the full topic without cutting it off and other details.

Edit: Actually looks like that option shows up after you log in.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:17 pm

yes, you need to be logged in...only this way the system knows which topics are new to you, and which you already read.
login tools.png
login tools.png (29.14 KiB) Viewed 2971 times

knyfe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby knyfe » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:26 pm

It got so much better reading on mobile. Can you delete out the topic title repeat for the replays as they eat up a lot of screen space.

G

cleepa
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby cleepa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:16 pm

I can't see a place where all the posts from all the subforums are together on one page - like it used to be on the main page of kiteforum 3.0. I really liked that. Now, "see more" just takes you to the subforums, instead of showing you more of everything. Having more of everything was interesting - sometimes post titles catch your eye even if you're not interested in the broader topic.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm

cleepa wrote:I can't see a place where all the posts from all the subforums are together on one page - like it used to be on the main page of kiteforum 3.0. I really liked that. Now, "see more" just takes you to the subforums, instead of showing you more of everything. Having more of everything was interesting - sometimes post titles catch your eye even if you're not interested in the broader topic.
we still have 32 latest forum postings on the home. Yes, it got less, but you can use the tools like search.php?search_id=newposts

Find it in the quick links

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:19 pm

knyfe wrote:It got so much better reading on mobile. Can you delete out the topic title repeat for the replays as they eat up a lot of screen space.

G
not sure what you mean, pls post a screenshot or email it to me: info@....

But in general it is not advised to change too many things in the forum software, since every update of it will most likely cause problems....

Yes, making it mobile friendly was an important task. I am over apps and their constant updates...then not working on older devices anymore etc...a dynamic design is much better.

knyfe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby knyfe » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Like this where the subject line is repeated over and over again. Best would be only mention poster and date / time and good. All in a single line. There would be so much more info per view. I don't care about poster status and all the other stuff.

But still congrats to the upgrade!!! G
Attachments
image.png

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:09 pm

ok, I see what you mean. Will check if possible. Thx!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:23 pm

even after months of testing we still find bugs ;-)

e.g. the markers of the spot maps don't work...will be fixed soon.

Return to “Kitesurfing”