Freestyle Ninja
Megaloop Machine
And more

The waiting is finally over, as CORE releases its new:

CORE GTS4 and GTS4 LW

FREESTYLE | WAVE | FREERIDE
1 core.png
1 core.png (508.38 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
Freestyle Ninja. Megaloop Machine. And more.

Meet the newest member of the Universal+ Series: The indomitable GTS4. An allrounder with super powers in unhooked freestyle. Built with the same radical, 3 strut, bridled, C-kite configuration as its forerunner. But now, with more precision; a prodigious operating range; and dare we say, a little more badassery. Go big. And find your limits with the fourth generation of Europe’s unhooked bestseller.
2 core.png
Click HERE for more CORE GTS4 info, sizes, and pricing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1VUOQcihqg

Explosiveness defined: Future-C shape, 3 struts and ultra short bridles.

What’s new for the GTS4? How about a refined Future C-shape and wingtips. The exclusive use of our super fabric, ExoTex, for the 3 strut frame. And a shorter bridle configuration which has among other things expanded the kite’s operating range. Giv’r all you got, as the GTS4 will elevate your skills. Just maybe, to infinity and beyond. But if today is a day you’d rather chillax with your new GTS4, its improved depower will smooth out the gusts and let you soak in the surroundings of your freeride session.
3 core.png
3 core.png (353.27 KiB) Viewed 7109 times

GTS4 LW – Mr. Big, when it comes to lightwind freestyle.
4 core.png
4 core.png (254.23 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
For those who want to squeeze more out of a marginal day. With enough pop to lay down some moves while everyone else is mowing the lawn. And now with ExoTex construction, more depower, and superb manners for your next twintip or strapless freestylin’ session. In the flats. Or on knee highs. This is the new GTS4 LW. Bringing lightwind excitement to Youtube channels soon.

Universal+ Series – Bringing new clarity to kite selection.
5 core.png
5 core.png (372.94 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
Universal+ Series: The new CORE GTS4 joins our existing two high performance allrounders: the XR4, the legendary big air machine and the wave oriented Free. Although each kite in the Universal+ series is built for all riders and all conditions, they each have one discipline injected with “super powers” as noted by the + symbol. Find the + and you’ll find the talent we consider exceptional.

Specialized Series: Is CORE’s brand dedicated solely to highly specialized, single purpose, pro level, gear. A brand with two extreme kites: The Section, a purebred wave kite. And the Impact, a hardCORE C-kite. Two beautiful kites for those who know what they want. No compromises. And 100% performance.

Learn more about the Universal+ Series, Specialized Series or your favorite CORE kite HERE.

Wishing you a windy windy season!
Your friends at teamCORE.

Mad_dan
Medium Poster
Style: Bigair and airstyle
Gear: Core XR4 13.5
Core GTS3 11m
Core GTS4 9m
Core XR 6m
Tronic.
Naish mega
Airrush slayer
Airsusv sector
Crazyfly cruizer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core Connect June 2016: Core GTS4 and GTS4 LW

Postby Mad_dan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:27 am

Anyone tried it yet?

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 70kg
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core & Sabfoil Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah we had one up at the Hayling Armada event and a couple of riders got out on it, solid kite, a bit quicker, bit more punchy, very stable, well built as you might expect, but the real surprise is the improvements to the new bar, they are very noticeably better.

Rolli
Rare Poster

Postby Rolli » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Hey, any experiences with sizes 7 and 9 in the waves? Compared to the GTS3 what' s the difference for strapless waveriding?
Thanks
Oliver

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:13 pm

i have my 7 and 9, but haven't had enough wind lately, will post up if i do, gts3's are gone

if it maintained the same characteristics as the gts3 and got better drift allegedly i don't see how they could go wrong

Rolli
Rare Poster

Postby Rolli » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Well, following Core, the gts4 should have a bit of a faster power development which would meam a plus for the gts3 in that comparision.
Why should it be a better drifter than the 3?

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Jupiter, FL

Postby jespin4845 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:29 pm

according to the designer in this interview

http://www.iksurfmag.com/kitesurfing-ne ... d-gts4-lw/

I'm assuming they moved the depower not forth up the leading edge making it depower more and drift better

and possibly the "- depower" knot further down the leading edge :D giving it the ability to crank it up to 11 more than the gts3

I'm excited about the higher aspect ratio and smaller leading edge, should be funner to foil with and boost in nuking winds

the gts3 was a fun ass kite to foil with

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Jupiter, FL

Postby jespin4845 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:35 pm

oh ya, i keep checking gleiten.tv looking for the review, i know they are working on it, hopefully its up soon

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Jupiter, FL

Postby jespin4845 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:51 am

so I've been in the gorge for the past two weeks and have put the 7 and 9 through their paces, with foiling and twin tip shenanigans

the kites are a more aggressive gts3, faster and they do drift better

drifting wise i have foiled at them in high speeds and they recover better than the gts3, and the more depower knot makes a world of difference vs the two other knots on a foil and a surfboard when u don't want as much grunt

the kites jump more like the 2014 ocean rodeo razor now where the old gts3 would be a more float up and down, the 4's gut wrench you up and if you don't downloop them they drop you hard, especially if ur in the 200 lbs range...that being said its a bridled C so you have to work it down, but when you do you will be rewarded with the thinner leading edge,...the downloop has more float now

the reduced leading edge makes the 9 kite loop like the old 8m...easy recovery, the 7 is ballistic but have only had 30 knot gusts, still waiting for that 40 knot day :)

very happy with them, to me they encompass my riding style exactly and its good they didn't screw up a good kite

if i lived in the gorge i would get a 5, but back in florida the 7 is the smallest size i can foil with before the white water gets too crazy, we'll see...

wind ranges for me...

9m-13k foil (too heavy below that), 16ish k sb, 18/19k+ twin tip
7m-15k foil, ? sb, 21ish+ twin tip

@195 lbs

the 9 is a hoot at 25-30k

Return to “Kitesurfing”