alsbirk
Frequent Poster
Gear: LF prod. and samples
Brand Affiliation: Involved with R&D for LF
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Soloshot3 a New way to film kiting

Postby alsbirk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:57 am

Thanks Toby - it seems I got disconnected from that mailing list somehow, but I got a reply from them yesterday :-)

Hi Thomas!

Thanks for reaching out to SOLOSHOT. I apologize about the delay in this year’s pre-order update. I’ve been told that it should be ready to go within the next week or two. I have made sure that you are on the pre-order mailing list!

In the meantime, the cameras look beautiful and manufacturing is going well. We are still awaiting the final Base and Tag but the OpticX cameras are pretty much done. They need to be Image Quality tuned, but that shouldn’t take too long.

Right now, the estimated ship date for the first pre-ordered units from September is late Spring to early Summer. Last day of Spring is June 19. Hopefully everything will be ready to go before then, but should there be any last minute delays that pushes it further, we will definitely let you know.

Since you ordered early September, yours will be one of the first to go out. We want to get these out just as soon as we can, without cutting the engineering validation testing or quality control short.

Thanks so much for hanging in there with us. It truly means a lot to us. Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions. J

Best,
Mikaila with Team SOLOSHOT

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:55 pm

For me June is summer ;-)

But, testing is the most important, I want a ready to shot product and not be test pilot. Did that already ;-)

I wonder how good the quality of their camera will be...

baxterbradford
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth, UK
Gear: Foil, surfboard, twintip & 8-18m kites
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby baxterbradford » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Given that the longest day is 21st June in Northern Hemisphere, I think that saying 19 June is last day of Spring is stretching it beyond its elastic limit!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Shipping Update

The SOLOSHOT Team just returned from Taiwan where we are bringing up our world class, Tier-1 manufacturing partners for the Optic65, Optic25, and Base & Tag systems. Early progress looks great, however, our updated shipping expectation is now summer. We need a little more time to make sure your SOLOSHOT3 is rock solid when it ships, since we're integrating all the manufacturing knowledge we gained from building SOLOSHOTs 1&2 ourselves with the high quality, high volume processes of our awesome new partners. These Process and Design Validation Phases are critical to continue delivering quality to our customers at scale.

stansxm
Medium Poster
Local Beach: le gallion bay, orient bay, saint martin 97150 (french west indies)
Favorite Beaches: le gallion,
mainly quebramar (paracuru,Brazil),and all Ceara nice spot.
secret spot (sxm)
Style: airstyle or old school , waves, foil...
Gear: Board fly radical 5 132, kite airstyle flysurfer sonic fr 11 and v2 15,kitefoil f-one....

Postby stansxm » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:20 am

Any news from it.Toby did you received it ? And tried it ? I'm interested in it with the x65 focus. But I'm going to wait some reviews from your guys first.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:20 am

No, not yet. Delivery will be in September.

I am mailing them to receive it before mid of September so I can take it to Brazil and test it.

Once I received it I will let you know!

stansxm
Medium Poster
Local Beach: le gallion bay, orient bay, saint martin 97150 (french west indies)
Favorite Beaches: le gallion,
mainly quebramar (paracuru,Brazil),and all Ceara nice spot.
secret spot (sxm)
Style: airstyle or old school , waves, foil...
Gear: Board fly radical 5 132, kite airstyle flysurfer sonic fr 11 and v2 15,kitefoil f-one....

Postby stansxm » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:27 pm

So,did you receive it before your trip ?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:11 pm

no, they keep postponing since they are adding more and more features...but an LCD display on the base is a good thing to have!

They should be available mid/end of October...hopefully. Then I don't know how I will receive it in Brazil. But have friends coming in November...once I have them I will post it! ;-)

Can't wait. Should be a big difference and lead to better quality of my filmed tricks. The current quality is ok, but nothing like the DVD. But sicne I don't want to make another DVD, and just have the tricks on video, it is not that important.

windrider1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES

Postby windrider1 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:36 pm

The release of the soloshot 3 is going on for way longer than expected I don't think we gonna see this until next year. I'm a dissapointed with the whole set of delays when I ordered last year It was promised for spring of this year then changed to summer then to late summer whatever that is and soon its gonna be fall then winter. May be we wont see this till next year.

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:49 pm

I ordered mine for a fall trip last year that has come and gone. Same trip is approaching and wonder if I will miss it two years in a row. Lol, so hard to be patient.

Return to “Kitesurfing”