Forum for kitesurfers
Otg
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiteboarding in Lisboa ?

Postby Otg » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:56 pm

Hello, Ill be in lissabon for about 2weeks.. starting Feb5th, and I was wondering if someone could give me a quick breif on the closest spots to the city..? What is the wind like at that time? is it worth bringing a kite? air/water temp?? all help really appreciated. Later I will also be going to Madeira, is it possible to kite there?

Thanks/ Otg :P

lutchi
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lutchi » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:05 am

Ok about Lisbon.

Lisbon is the capital and like all capitals it's a big city for living.
I don't recomend you to stay in Guincho area cause in the near by you don't have any other beach to kite, and like taabsr said Guincho in the it's quind a gusty.

If you stay in the south margin of Tejo you will find much more cheaper houses to rent, you escape from the stress of passing trough 25 de Abril bridge (it's simple a nigthmare) and you have beaches from almost all the winds in Costa da Caparica 15 20 Km from Lisbon (Waves) or in Lagoa de Albufeira (a lagoon) all this with North winds (after april this is the consistent wind) if some south wind comes you go to Troia 100 Km from Lisbon (South) (Flat Water) or to Peniche also about 100 Km to North (Waves).

I think if you came to Portugal you will have a lot of sites to choose

Pedro you can give a report from South of Portugal.

I hope you come to Portugal and enjoy our weather and wind.

Just post a message if you come to Lisbon and I will show you some spots.
Carlos Carvalheira

You can finf further infos in another post also in english, asking about portugal in the Portuguese forum

Return to “Kitesurfing”