Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

SlingShot's at it again!!

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:12 pm

:eek:
I agree that they are doing something right.They are doing alot right by me.I freaking love my slingshot kites!Slingshot team riders seem to rip it up pretty well in competition too.The only issue I would have with slingshot is that they cost so damn much money!And finding used 2002 slingshot gear is damn near impossible.That alone says something to me.But then BMW's and Mercedes arent cheap cars either, and I feel like my slingshots are the mercedes of kites so its all good.I just talked to my slingshot dealer/rep and my 2002 18 meter slingshot is being sent away for it's new modifications this week.I'll be sure to let you know what I think of it when I get it back.I'm SO EXCITED! To me its kind of like getting a new kite for free, or at least like trading my old kite for a new one.Much thanks to johnny and tampabaykitesurf for bringing this information forward.I hadnt heard it nor was I aware of it prior to this thread.

:grin:

Kevin

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:48 pm

Well interesrting conversation. After Coming from the last PKRA contest i can say a few things. I am not sponsored nor use slingshot, however they finished in higher placings than the x2s and I think that in the US open they came first, beating X2s in both contests. In CAbarette the kites place2 of the top 5 positions and watching GAry Reed, Geff Tobias and Julllian Sudrat and a bunch of other guys do things on their totally stock production Slingshot kites I think you would be sadly mistaken to assume that these kites are NO X2's. There is a kite for every style of riding and slingshot has a great kite product easilly providing as much hang time and power as the X2. Don't believe me? Go to a contest and see for yourself and when such a simple design seems to work so well it makes the x2 look alot like hype to me.
Aloha Royce.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:10 pm

Why so defensive Johnny? This whole post is about promoting TBKS. Slingshot may make the best damn kite the world has ever known, but I'd rather hear about it from riders, not dealers.
.......chill mama

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Johnny TBKS » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:14 pm

YA mon!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Johnny TBKS on 2002-07-10 13:39 ]</font>

Iemonhaze32
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Rio de Janeiro
Gear: North Evo 13'

Re: SlingShot's at it again!!

Postby Iemonhaze32 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Yes slingshot has always been at it. I am so glad a company like them exist. Without them, there would be other brands, none of them with the name slingshot

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk

Postby Bushflyr » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Iemonhaze32 wrote:Yes slingshot has always been at it. I am so glad a company like them exist. Without them, there would be other brands, none of them with the name slingshot

Seriously? You dug up a 14 year old post to say that? :roll:

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Bushflyr wrote:
Iemonhaze32 wrote:Yes slingshot has always been at it. I am so glad a company like them exist. Without them, there would be other brands, none of them with the name slingshot

Looking at his other posts he clearly has some kind of mental problems, just let it be...

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:44 pm

:D :D Meanwhile slingshot Its over.. They sell only Rpm.. So many better Kites on the market..

Iemonhaze32
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Rio de Janeiro
Gear: North Evo 13'

Postby Iemonhaze32 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:54 pm

Bushflyr wrote:

Hey! You are way out of line. Slingshot has been there for us since day 1. It's time we give them some credibility since they help start the sport. Now I would appreciate it if you refrained from saying anything like that again.

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: North, Shinn, Zeeko foil

Postby Lokihel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:27 am

Seriously, can't people stop digging up really old posts just to get a higher post count?

Read the whole thread and couldn't understand why the link didn't work, and why people where going on about 2002 kites. Never though to check the date :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”