Hi Guys. I will do my best to respond to all questions on this bar here.
Regarding the comments so far. We have been working on this bar since 2010 in concert with Rudo Enserink (Rudo, Ross, Richard = R3). The single biggest delay in its production was getting the ultra lightweight composite bar made. This bar is a unique U shape to allow for the lines to travel under the bar (not through it). This ensures all debris is easily flushed from the bar and makes on the spot repairs and inspection easy.
Power level in the bar is indicated by markings on the starboard leader line. Pre-production used hash lines, production will likely feature a colour gradient that fades from bright green to red. The rear lines also feature a tensioner that will automatically pay out extra line as you adjust the bar on the beach, making pre-launch trim adjustment easy.
Costs are still being finalized so I can't comment but it won't require a 2nd mortgage.
Want to address some other comments I saw with regards to the concept in general. This design may not be for every rider but we feel it is the ideal choice for the vast majority of riders as it addresses a number of concerns:
- The system is simple and intuitive and allows you to never need to take your hands off the bar to depower.
- Ensures if the trim system fails you go to full depower - not full power as with all traditional front line trim bars
- keeps the trim adjustor easily within reach while affording the rider their choice of near infinite amounts of bar throw
- removes the trim adjustment from the front lines and ensures a tangle free depower with every safety eject
- the back lines carry much less load so trim adjustment is no harder than turning a door handle
- back lines under less load = less wear and tear on the trim adjustment lines = less maintenance of a bar and less breakdown at sea
- Gives riders 'micro adjustment' ability when sailing. (I never thought I would use this but it's like the seat adjustors on a mountain bike, now that I have the ability, I am tweaking my trim all the time).
Alamos, we are not aware of any other brands that hold patents or patent applications for this concept.
Pease post questions here, I will get to them as soon as I can... as you might expect, things are a bit hectic in the office today.
For those of you interested in pre-ordering a bar for approx October delivery - please sign up on our website. Early bird sign ups will get priority (along with media and demo / dealer centers). Full availability is scheduled for Christmas.