Forum for snow- and landkiters
Snowfer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Product for snow & ice kiteboarding

Postby Snowfer » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:50 am

We know about kite skiing and kite snowboarding, now there's an alternative to kitesurfing called Snowfer UniBoarding. After 3 years of research & development, Snowfer Inc. is introducing this new product for snow & ice kiting called Snowfer UniBoard. The main features of this product has been taken from the patented Snowfer board designed for windsurfing on snow & ice. To see how this board works on different snow/ice surface conditions, please visit the Snowfer website at http://www.snowfer.com. Click on New Product section. See pictures & videos. We would love to have your opinions and respond to any questions that you might have.
To demo or try this board, we will be at Lake Simcoe, Keswick, Ontario this weekend. For more info. call Charles at cell# 416-899-1764 or e-mail at charles@snowfer.com. We will have a few demo boards available to try.

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjelleren » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:14 pm

Charles,
Looks like a directional. For kiting it would certainly be best to have a twin tip. How would this be better than a snowboard or a pair of skis?

vesku
Medium Poster

Postby vesku » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:37 pm

UniBoard is a twintip (a long one).

VESKU

Snowfer
Rare Poster

Snowfer UniBoard

Postby Snowfer » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:46 am

When I designed the Snowfer Board for sailing on snow & ice, my goal was to achieve the closest feeling to windsurfing. When I designed the Snowfer UniBoard, my goal was also to get the closest feeling to kitesurfing on the water. The UniBoard is not just a twin tip but a first ever design 3-directional board (Patent Pending). The board can slide left, right and forward without catching the opposite edge. If you're using the snowboard, you could easily catch the opposite edge and be pulled forward. The snowboard does not perform very well on ice. These comments, I hear from people who are using snowboards. Skis perform quite well on all condition on snow and ice but it's not very comfortable, hard on the knees and get tired fast. To compare weight and length, the board is shorter than an average skis and lighter than a pair of skis & boots plus binding. The UniBoard has only one sharp edge and you put all your weight on this edge and holds very well on ice plus it does not have any side cuts like the snowboard. Giving smoother & faster ride. You only need to sharpen one edge instead of four sides like the skis. As for safety, I believe it's safer than skis or snowboard. Because you're not attach to your board unlike snowboard or skis. If the rider makes a mistake and looses balance, recovery is much easier. If you go thru weak ice, the Uniboard floats and most likely you will be able to cross thru open water instead of sinking in. Can you imagine if you go thru weak ice with skis or snowboard attach to your feet. The board performs very well on deep snow because it floats on top. The 2004 Snowfer UniBoard is the fifth generation of boards designed and the first design that we are very pleased with the results. Also the first design that we are marketing now. If you want to be competitive in speed and upwind kiting compare to skis I need the length of the board (that is why kite sailors prefer longer skis for speed and racing). This board is very fast because of the P-Tex base and using only one edge which makes for less resistance and faster forward motion. Jumping is not a problem if you have the experience on how to jump. While ski & snowboard kiters have lots of fun already, I believe with the UniBoard will open more possibilities for snowkiting.

Return to “Snow / Land”