Forum for snow- and landkiters
flingle
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite Skiing in Chamonix

Postby flingle » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:15 pm

I recently got an Ozone Frenzy kite and have started using it up on the glaciers around Chamonix. Here is a picture that a friend took up on the Col du Midi (3532m)
I also did a tour up the Argentiere glacier a few days ago using the kite covering about 6.5k and climbing from 2550m to 3140m (Full Story)
Its a lot better than the 1.5m2 Decathlon kite that I started on back in September

I am looking for people to go kite skiing with as there are none here in Chamonix that I know of

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: Kite Skiing in Chamonix

Postby RickI » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:56 am

flingle wrote:I recently got an Ozone Frenzy kite and have started using it up on the glaciers around Chamonix. Here is a picture that a friend took up on the Col du Midi (3532m)
I also did a tour up the Argentiere glacier a few days ago using the kite covering about 6.5k and climbing from 2550m to 3140m (Full Story)
Its a lot better than the 1.5m2 Decathlon kite that I started on back in September

I am looking for people to go kite skiing with as there are none here in Chamonix that I know of

Sounds great! The image on the map looks like Vallée Blanche, was that where you were or another very large glacier? I never thought about snow kiteboarding on Vallée Blanche, it makes great sense and really beats many of the less wide open alternatives in the high alps.

FredMurphy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby FredMurphy » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:33 pm

I'm in Chamonix from 24th to 31st January and thinking of bringing a kite with me. More than happy to meet up and with you if you'll be there.

I've got a 10m and 14m CO2 (with Recon) but I think they're a bit bulky to bring on the off-chance of doing some snowkiting. My 4.9m Blade II might just have to do. Far easier to pack.

I've dropped you an email too.

Fred

Return to “Snow / Land”