Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ocean Rodeo 6th Gen Razor

Postby Toby » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:04 am

Ocean Rodeo News:

6th Gen Razor

Naughty or nice, you're gonna get spanked.
1 or.jpg
2 or.png
Mega Loop the new Razor and you'll feel it in your stomach. Miss the landing and you'll feel it in your bones.

Built for riders who seek the edge. The result of 15 years of design prowess and fully tweaked to be the most heart stopping, ball breaking, hard riding kite we've ever made. Can't resist the pull? #loopit.

Remember, all Ocean Rodeo products come with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee.

Gen 6 Razors are now shipping worldwide!

https://vimeo.com/189899267

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ocean Rodeo 6th Gen Razor

Postby jespin4845 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:19 am

So i used to be a die hard razor fan, i loved it so much. Then the gen 5 came out and on hard loops the kite collapsed, it didnt feel the same, rumor was they lowered the aspect to get rid of the venturi. In turn making the kite faster, a better surfing kite. But less big air and loop oriented. And somehow some horrible collapsing on hard loops. I got away from them and moved on to the core gts. However now i got a cheap gen 4 10m again cause i missed the razors power. I have some serious questions of the gen 6. Any new changes from the gen 5? Is the aspect ratio raised again? Is it more big air oriented now that there is the roam?

I really really love the gen 4. Its a truly one of a kind kite and i feel like the venturi was money. There are riders that love the non venturi ones. But i feel like the venturi ones were loved by the gluttons for punishment. Yesterday there was times in 25 knots where i was looping my 10 and i was shitting my pants. Its been a while since i have that feeling and that 10 feels like my gts in 30 knots with essentially 5-8 less knots.

Yes the gen 5 was lighter and stayed up in less wind. But cmon. Im not putting up a razor for ultra light wind. And that relaunch is ridiculous with the fst on the razor. I just feel like the gen 4 couldve been improved with construction and better materials, perhaps a smaller leading edge to make it quicker. But who knows im not a kite designer. It just scare's me that in a year or two i might not have a trusty gen 4.
These users thanked the author jespin4845 for the post:
Iridian (Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:03 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:49 am

Lol...the venturi was the money. My 10 yank factor is unreal. Loops harder than any other kite I'v flown. Love that kite.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:52 am

How about a demo in cocoa sometime soon?

flyingcamel
Medium Poster
Local Beach: sandy hook
Style: all rounder
Gear: gin zulu3 13m, 9m
ocean rodeo flite gen 3 17m, 12m, 10m
flite gen 4 14.5
OR razor gen 6 12m, 10m
flysurfer peak1 9m, peak2 6m
cabrina stylus 165
slingshot dialer
slingshot alien air MHL Lift hydrofoil
cabrinha ace 139
Has thanked: 0

Postby flyingcamel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:58 am

havent buckled or distorted the razor at all and believe me ive tried at 200 lbs flying the 12 in 20 kts and the 10 in 30kts doing loops and all. prob one of the most solid kites ive flown. def my fav kite for boosting and loops very hard and fast. as far as the light wind id say its aweful compared to the flites. it likes a lot of fuel. havent flown the older razors but this one might have a thicker more well supported leading edge. i think the fst is there to give more depower than to help with relaunch which is fine in razor worthy wind. havent tried the bridal lock yet

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Jupiter, FL

Postby jespin4845 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:58 pm

The kite itself wasnt getting distorted, it had something to do with the pullies...and it would just stop for a second mid loop

I was thinking last night that maybe its because the venturi lets u use the shorter back line knot with less stall, and then when u try to use that on the gen 5 it will definately stall it

But i still stand by them lowering the aspect ratio they are ruining the kite cause its not gonna jump the same

flyingcamel
Medium Poster
Local Beach: sandy hook
Style: all rounder
Gear: gin zulu3 13m, 9m
ocean rodeo flite gen 3 17m, 12m, 10m
flite gen 4 14.5
OR razor gen 6 12m, 10m
flysurfer peak1 9m, peak2 6m
cabrina stylus 165
slingshot dialer
slingshot alien air MHL Lift hydrofoil
cabrinha ace 139
Has thanked: 0

Postby flyingcamel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:11 pm

ive heard using the bridal lock helps the kite get to zenith faster. I havent had a chance to use it since i like to ride them overpowered and like to have some more depower so i can load for bigger jumps. ill use em next time i go out hopefully this weekend and will let you know.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Very quick reply on the road and laid up with a bad back. However, be sure to try the bridle lock for hard pulling loops. The stall mid loop is due to sheeting range on the kite with the bridle unlocked and without vents to help.

We can send you a gen 6 to try. If you love it, great. If not, we will buy it back from you.

I can give a more detailed response once back in the office and able to confer with Ross regarding the specifics you asked about.

JZ

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Jupiter, FL

Postby jespin4845 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:26 am

any word from ross?

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:36 pm

He generally agreed with me that the bridal lock is your best bet. AR is the same for the kite so any distortions you had were from the sheeting range, not a design difference.

JZ

Return to “Kitesurfing”