Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Flysurfer Boost

Postby Toby » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Curious about it for sure!

But Dyno was like that...loads of low end!
Big guys could hold it in more winds.

Slow is good to progress...always amuses me when guys talk about fast turning kites for hooked tricks...besides kite loops their progression will be way less.

Can you tell me again from your observation having flown Dyno 18 20111 and Boost 18: which turns faster?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:56 pm

PS: I hope to test a Boost within the next two weeks.

flying_dutchman
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, en Ijmuiden
Style: Airstyle en wave style
Gear: Flysurfer Soul 15 and 12m2 , Flysurfer Stoke 12, 9 and 6m2 + Flyradical 6 S
Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0

Postby flying_dutchman » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:29 am

Hey Toby

The Dyno 2011 18m reacts a lot faster to steering impulses.
And turning speed is a lot faster as well

I had the boost on outer bar setting and the dyno on inner bar setting but still the Dyno turned faster.

My best guess is that you're gonna like the kite

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:50 am

It sounds like I gonna like it ;-)

thx! :thumb:

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby s1buell_wl » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Toby....

Did you ever test the boost?

My 2011 Dyno is on its last legs, My Edge 19m is getting old as well as my edge15m.

I need a new ride.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:06 pm

I tested the Boost1 18. Also Boost2 18, but too light wind to comment on it.

All I can tell that the Boost2 feels better on the abr...with the Boost1 I didn't have so much feedback. Too light for me.

Need more wind one day to test it somewhere.

But maybe someone else can comment on it who has tested 1 and 2?

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:39 pm

I try rebel 18 and boost... In good Wind... I think u Will prefer Your rebel in strong Wind.. For sure.. Maybe boost its better for lightwind session... But not overpowered for airstyle compare to rebel 18

Skywalker7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sostó
Favorite Beaches: Ulcinj
Style: Freeride
Gear: I have 14 kites, covering most of the major brands.

Postby Skywalker7 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:54 pm

I tried the Boost 1 15m and now riding the Boost 2 15m and also having a Boost 1 18m. The Boost 1 and 2 15m turns both really well. The Boost 2 15m has a better bar feedback and feels more stable in higher winds and I it will be better suited for airstyle in a higher wind situation. My friend (115 kg) used to rode the Boost 1 15 until ca. 50km/h so I would not say the Boost 1 does not have huge wind range. I rode the Boost 2 15m in 45-50km/h wind on a downwind session and the ride felt more like a paradigling session than a kiting one, so it is pretty amazing for airstyle. I am 95 kg but 2 weeks before I also saw an 80 kg rider riding the Boost 2 15 at Neusidel See in some 40-50 km/h of wind, where I was realy powered on my 11M Boost 2. So Boost 2 can handle very well in overpowered situations.
Regarding the Boost LW kites (15M and 18M) turning: worth mentioning that the 60 cm bars are comming with a 21M line +6 M extensions and due to the 6m extensions the kite feels slower as it takes more time for the kite from going one side of the windwindow to the other side of the windwindow. The kite turns pretty fast but due to the longer lines it might feel slow. I started to use the 15M on 3 or 4 meter extensions and the kite will feels even much faster turning. Actually I started to use the shorter extensions as in case of the 6 m when I did a kiteloop the kite turned in such a little radius still on the 6 M extensions that it stayed so much at the edge of the wind window that it did not come down enough to the power zone to generate that nice constant pull. Using only 3 and 4m extension on the 15M Boost 2 the kite turned to be a kiteloop machince and it not just turns faster but it is a fun for for kiteloops. Unfortunately I can't say much on the Boost 1 18M as I used it mainly in lighter winds. Actually I liked it a lot as it had good low end grunt but still went upwind well and turned nicely. I guess the theory of the Boost 1s are the narrow leading edge creates very little drag but the deeper 3d panelled profile gives the good lowend grunt and the kite turns in a pretty little radius due to the trailing edge bridles and also due to he narrow leading edge which enables the kite to flex easily. Based on my feelings till now I would say tha the Boost 1s optimized more in the lighter and medium wind speeds and Boost 2 is optimized more to the medium and higher wind speeds with a bit flatter profile and more stretch resistant double rip-stop material.

janhantke
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Munich/Ammersee
Favorite Beaches: Leucate: Les Palmes
Pelzerhaken
Grüner Brink
Achensee
Lake Garda
Valencia
Style: Old school
Gear: Best TS 6+10+15
Anton + North Board
Been thanked: 0

Postby janhantke » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:49 am

Morning,

Im riding the Boost 15 since the beginning. Now in version 2. Im coming from Dyno 2011 18sqm, but as Im just 80kg it was a little bit too much for me. Aside that the Boost in the large size has two super features (aside great lift+hangtime):

- unbelivable windrange (I can ride my 15 from 5 to 30 knots with a foil in the low end and then a 136 board - Im using a bar with 27m lines)

- awesome and easy re-start in low winds due to adaptive foil system in the back bridle (without the need of a 5th line!!)

And now in version 2 the whole canopy is stiffer due to the new double rip stop material, this makes loops for Darkslide, etc even longer and easier. Disadvantage is that it takes slightly longer to set up the kite and pack it due to the extra lines of the back bridle.

In my opinion the best set ups for airstyle in areas where you have gusty winds and need a huge windrange. With a two kite set-up (Im also using the 9) I can go up to 40knots.

Cheers
Jan

PS: Im about to sell my Boost1 set-up as I did just switch to the Boost2 - reach out to me if you are interested or have more questions

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:12 pm

I have Ozone edge 11m, 15m and 19m and Dyno 18m 2001. I also spend a bit of time on the 2016 V8 15m Edge

I use the 11m maybe 3-4 times a year (need 30kns). I normally run the 15m or 18/19m

Can anyone compare the Edges to the boost2?

Toby you still have the boost2? Get out there and test it man! lol

Return to “Airstyle”