Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Arc or Vector

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:21 pm

I was looking for some advice. I have used Arc kites on land and water for some time now. Does anyone have experience of flying the 9m Boom Vector foil. I was wondering how it performs compared to an Arc 1120 or 1510.
Thanks. Mark

Louis Cypher
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Louis Cypher » Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:30 pm

HI,

I haven't flewn one. But what i have seen hasn't been really convincing. They stalled more than my shity FlysurferSpeedair 9.0 (i sold it because of to much stalling and the ugly handling on the beach) in gusty conditions. And performance didn't seem as good as the Flysurfer's. I would prefer ARC 1210 or some of the newer Flysurfer Kites (Mastair, Warrior or if you can wait some weeks Psycho). I think only the advance- kites can compete to the Flysurfers!
Greeetzzzz,

Louis

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:43 pm

I have been flying the 9er Vector for a year. The 11.5 as well. No experiences with arcs really. The vectors have relatively little pull for their size. The 9er works for me from about 12-14. It does have huge top end at around 22-25. They are very stable. It's pretty tough to luff them. You can stall them in upturns in very light wind , i.e. <8 (not sure if that's what Louis is refering to). It is a beginner kite that shines in ease of use. It doesn't jump too well at the bottom end of the range and ok in the upper half. Compared to the MA 12 I tried, you get easier setup, faster inflation, far easier launch, greater stability, a bit faster turning, easier relaunch and MUCH better depower but less grunt and hangtime. With the original depower setup it's quite heavy on the bar. The newer version is actually too light on the bar for my taste (finger tip control).

Boom kites is also getting ready to bring a new kite to market. It's called the Prion. Higher performance for sure.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:51 pm

Thanks for the replys. I am looking to either pick up a used Arc 1120 0r 1510 or a Boom Vector 9m. I already fly an Arc 630 so the Arc kites appeal. The vector is unknown so I am looking for as much info as I can get.
Thanks. Mark

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:05 pm

FS Warrior absolutly tops all these kites out.! (And even 95% of the tubekites)
(Have tried them all)

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:11 pm

Mark,

email me at vytas@chicagokitesurfing.com

I may have a 1510 for you.

mmunzer
Frequent Poster

Postby mmunzer » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:58 pm

I just got a vector 11.5 with the new depower setup and really really like it.

It is a slow kite which makes it great for learning how to do tricks. The kite pulls you up slowly and lets you down slowly. I would use the warrior 9.3 or the vector 11.5 in the same wind speeds. If I had only one kite I would get one of those two.

I think at the moment I like the slowness of the vector. It jumps easier than the warrior and doesn't punish you so hard if you make a mistake.

However, the warrior behaves much better when the lines go slack. If I could have a perfect kite it would be a warrior 9.3, a bit slower than it is now, with the vector depower system, and the advance boom (really like the advance boom).

Best regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster

Postby Paraflysurf » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:13 pm

The Vector is a nice kite.

It is a little bit slow, but as someone before told you, that is an advantage to do some tricks. The depower system on the Vector is working very good, but with the disadvantage, that the handling is getting worse in very low power mode.

The manufacturing quality of the Vector is much higher than the one of the ARC. You can not even compare them.

The Vector is a kite for people that do not need max Power but want a "stable friend in the air".

Did you ever try an Advance Rhea or Advance VIPER. I would prefer them to both of the other kites.

Manfred

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:41 pm

Paraflysurf: I had a demo of an Advance Rhea 10m and decided it was very nice.It was always my number one choice but they cost to much. The vector and bigger Arc are easier to find.Ihave since managed to get hold of an Advance Rhea 10m for a very good price. This together with my Arc 630 should provide me with hours of fun. Thanks for the advice.

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:54 pm

To the guy wit the FS warrior fetish... You've tried them all and in your opinion.....

Return to “Kitesurfing”