Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Spain

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:47 am

Hi Chino, there are some very very good places around Bilbao for kiting. The kitesurfing community is small yet so you need to contact somebody first.

What about your kiting skills??

See you,

Gaz

Trikke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Trikke » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:10 pm

Hi guys! I just arrived from a one month holiday in Tarifa and I sailed EVERY GIVEN DAY with 16 or 12m kites. Tarifa is only 1.20 hour driving by Malaga...

Stace
Medium Poster

Postby Stace » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:22 pm

Sounds great! Does anyone know if there are any good spots along the coast to the East of Malaga? I'm down there for two weeks soon to visit friends (when I'm not on the beach of course).

Unfortunately, Tarifa might be a little bit too far away.

Stace

Chino
Rare Poster

Postby Chino » Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:43 pm

Hi Gaz

Is Gaz short for Gaztea? (if it is you HAVE to be the Gaztea in the spanish forum)

My level? medium to low, but I have been beaten by the kitesurf fly, and I just can't stop thinking about the next chance to go and practice, and by the looks of it, it will be in Bilbao.

Will I see you there?

Chino

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:17 pm

Hi Chino:

Can you give me a link to the spanish forum?

Thanks.

Chino
Rare Poster

Postby Chino » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:29 am

Man_Olo
Rare Poster

Postby Man_Olo » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:46 am

Here yor have one:

http://www.desliza.net

Hope it helps

Danijoor
Rare Poster

Postby Danijoor » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:35 pm

Hi, I´m spanish and I live in Mallorca. The spanish forum is in http://www.desliza.net and in Mallorca is not forbidden kiteboard. In the North of Mallorca (Pollensa) there is always during June, July and August about 13-16 knots about 15:00, and it lasts about 3-4 hours.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:03 pm

Hi there. I´m from Malaga and no, kitesurf it´s not forbidden so far. It has been impossible during august though, due to the masssssive amount of tourist at the beaches and a complete lack of wind, which is normal during the summer. September is one of the best months for kitesurf; thermic winds begin at midday and they use to stop by the sunset, usually with flat waters. There are many good spots: Nerja, Velez Malaga and Benagalbon on the east coast; Los Alamos (Malaga city) Torremolinos; San Pedro de Alcantara (west Marbella) Cabopino, Los Monteros (east Marbella) and almost every beach from here to Tarifa. You choose. The thing is that the more to the east, (from Malaga city dir. Almeria) the shorter and rocky the beaches are, and to the west (dir. Tarifa and Cadiz), they are wider, longer and sandy. Roads are quite good and for free, so it´s worth the travel to the west, never takes you more than 30 minutes.

Hope to be of any help. Sorry for my english, by the way... See you in the water.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:06 pm

Oh i forgot to tell you to have a look on
http://www.fuerza7.com
It´s a windsurf-kitesurf magazine, and it has a list full of details of almost every good spot in Spain, Malaga included, of course.

Return to “Kitesurfing”