Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airblast Reverse Launch Bridle

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:22 pm

I still have the "reverse launch bridle" on my Airblast 11.8. I have come to the realisation that if there is not enough wind to relaunch in the regular way, there's not enough wind to relaunch with the bridle (the kite goes up backwards but then collapses before it can be turned around), & there's also not enough wind to get planning anyway. The bridle effects the steering also, making it "lighter", but most people seem to remove the bridle, perhaps prefering the direct input they get from the kite without the bridle. Any feedback on the point. Also when removing the bridle & attaching the lines to the pigtails, will the line set up remain pretty much the same or will it require significant adjustment?

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:33 pm

the 2002 AB 6.3 worked perfectly with unmodified lines.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:55 am

The bridal is a double purchase system hence the lighter feeling bar. the pully action means that while the bar is lighter you need double the imput to make it turn.
without the bridal there will be more pull on the bar but steering will be much more direct and responsive.
as far as line set up I think most of the guys I know on them just take the bridal off and connect the lines as they were around the pully. I suggets U launch in lightish winds first to make sure the line are correctly adjusted.

Air Jordan
Rare Poster

Postby Air Jordan » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:51 am

I have had an Airblast 10.00 for about 8 months now and think its great, except for the bridle. At first it was fine being able to turn with ease and not having so much strain on your arms but after the bridle snapped for the secound time and I had caught it on a bush for last time (reminding me of the days of 2 line), I took it off. I can't say it has made to much difference, just to my sanity.....
At the end of the day its personal preference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Air Jordan on 2002-08-05 03:52 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:50 am

I took the bridle off my 11.8 AB and left the line set up exactly the same.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:33 pm

I very much prefer my 2001 airblast 11.8 without the bridle. The handling is quite a bit better without it. Just don't drop the kite in the water because it is not good at relaunching, especially in light wind. Richard Parker

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:29 pm

I had problems with the bridle. The lines where strangled with the kite and it wouldnt go up anymore.
Now I have removed the bridle (and forgot how to attach it in the future (someone knows a picture?)
With the airblast 11.8 there are additional pig-tails. I assume that the small one is one the front (tube) edge and the long one with the knots on the tail edge. Does somebody know?
Can anyone explain the effect of trimming the kite (making the steering lines shorter) and the effect of depowering.

What is the chicken loop people talking about (i don't know wich part this is ) is this the rope you can pull to get less power with?

I hope to hear! Bart

kruzlifix
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Baleia, Ceara, Brazil
Style: wave and HF
Gear: AHC, Firewire, Levitaz, Moses, Cabrinha, Flysurfer

Postby kruzlifix » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:44 pm

this is a link to the power steering boster or reverse relaunch system...
http://www.kitesite.net/products/naish/booster.htm
andreas

greg
Rare Poster

Postby greg » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:49 pm

remove the briddle it is useless !! and you then don't feel the bar..

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:58 pm

I like the bridle on the 11,8. You just have to get used to. I ride with my hands close together. The 2002 11.8 is difficult to relaunch without the bridles. Rolling in his back is ok, but it dont want to go to the edge, is too rigid. I could relaunch it with the bridle in very ligth wind everytime.

Return to “Kitesurfing”