Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What are the best "tennis elbow" kites???

Forum for kitesurfers
Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Germany, flying GK Sonic 11+8, riding F-One Sk8 35 / Trax 39, Spleene Door 42
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What are the best "tennis elbow" kites???

Postby Wolfgang » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:40 pm

There are all kind of recommendations what you can do with yourself to prevent or treat kiting related tennis elbow or shoulder pains.

I think for those who are affected it is also highly recommendable to check their material and maybe switch to a frontliner which requires low steering forces.

Maybe someone who has experiences with some different 2004 kites can give some recommendations?

My 2004 personal kite experiences are limited to the GXR04, and although I think that it's a kite which requires relatively low steering forces, there may be other kites which requiere even less...

nh
Rare Poster

Postby nh » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:17 pm

For light bar-pressure and fast turning, I can recommend the North Rhino 4, and the Wipika Matrix.
I have flown both kites in different sizes, and they are both very responsive.
I dont know the Gaastra, so i can´t give you a comparison, sorry.
Kind regards,
Niels

kitejohan
Medium Poster

Postby kitejohan » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:39 pm

I tried the Voodoo 14 last weekend and it is very light on the bar pressure. Took a few runs getting used to it actually, but then it's really nice and it was a treat for my sore psycho-elbows..! Anyone able to comment on the psycho2 bar pressure compared to the Voodoo?
/Johan

Spencer
Medium Poster

Postby Spencer » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:45 pm

Using kites that have multiple front attachment points can help with this problem, if you use the furthest back of the front attachment points. Another thing that I've found helpful is to put a power steering bridle on my 19m kite. It's easy to make your own home made power steering bridle with two cheap marine grade pulleys and some spectra. It's like the old wipika relaunch bridal, but without the relaunch lines. There's a diagram at:
http://www.kite-surf.com/download/naish ... boards.pdf

Using this pulley system makes sheeting in and steering twice as easy.

Spencer

Airgear.com
Medium Poster

Postby Airgear.com » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:27 pm

If your elbow is really a problem, then you may want to consider standard ARCs. I think you will take a hit on performance (although I still think it is a great kite), but the bar pressure is butter.

So, again, only in cases of extreme need for lite bar pressure (like a recent injury or a chronic elbow) it could be a good alternative to suffering or sitting on the beach.

Boaz

buttercutter
Frequent Poster

Postby buttercutter » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:07 am

For the bigger kites, it really helps to put the power steering bridle on the kite. This is a pulley system that makes the kite turn with almost no effort, but a little more slowly. Also have a long free floating chickenloop so your arms are always moving and can be fully extended straight. This killed all pain for me.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:54 pm

Guerilla ARc's. negligible bar pressure and good performance.

Return to “Kitesurfing”