Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

lot of airblast and trimming questions

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:31 pm

Posted: 2002-08-30 23:29
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had problems with the bridle. The lines where strangled with the kite and it wouldnt go up anymore.
Now I have removed the bridle (and forgot how to attach it in the future (someone knows a picture?)
With the airblast 11.8 there are additional pig-tails. I assume that the small one is one the front (tube) edge and the long one with the knots on the tail edge. Does somebody know?
Can anyone explain the effect of trimming the kite (making the steering lines shorter) and the effect of depowering.

What is the chicken loop people talking about (i don't know wich part this is ) is this the rope you can pull to get less power with?

I hope to hear! Bart

greg
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby greg » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:53 pm

Greets Bart,

good without the briddle, it is a pain

the chicken loop is the depower system, yes the rope you can release and have less power while still kiteboarding.. the name come from the wakeboarder who in two lines are all the time full power, they call 4 lines chicken cause they can't handle the load all the time..

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:49 pm

Bridles on or off: presonal taste.
Yes, the long pigtails are for the backs.
On stock wipi bars you have 20 lines + 4 meters leaders, good line lengh for a 11.8. If it goes to the edge too much, longer lines will help.
Depower range of stock bar is too long without the bridles. Make a knot below the stopper and recheck your line lenghs.
Hernan

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:49 pm

Bridles on or off: presonal taste.
Yes, the long pigtails are for the backs.
On stock wipi bars you have 20 lines + 4 meters leaders, good line lengh for a 11.8. If it goes to the edge too much, longer lines will help.
Depower range of stock bar is too long without the bridles. Make a knot below the stopper and recheck your line lenghs.
Hernan

kite bart
Rare Poster

Postby kite bart » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:00 pm

Thanks Hernan for your replies! Helps me a lot

Bart

Return to “Kitesurfing”