Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why all these F--CKING holes?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:43 pm

I have a huge problem... my leading edge is full of holes,, I recently bought a new bladder since i accidentaly ruined my old one... anyway when I was changing the bladder i pumped it up on my lawn just to check if it was ok etc... then i put it in the kite. After a few times out on the water i noticed that the bladder was loosing air quite quickly, so i took the bladder out and checked for holes... and it was FULL of them. I dont understand where these holes would have come from??? my guess is that the grass made them while it was pumped up on the lawn,,, but I mean shouldn´t the bladder be strong enough to take that?? My friends that kiteboard also have the same problem (without having taken the bladder out)... small holes in the bladder. Anyone know what you can do to stop this from happening or why its happening??

Thanks/ Olle

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:00 pm

Is it a Cabrinha? Their old bladders rotted in the marine environment. That made lots of tiny holes.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:24 am

Hi,

Check where you store your kite. I have had HUGE problems with ants, new bladder with 23 holes in it after a few days of STORAGE!!! The small bastards just love to chew up rubber!

Might not be the case for you but worth checking!

Taz

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:13 pm

Sandspurs in the yard? Sandspur in normal landing zone? briars? Sandspur, thorn, briar tip, like splinter, stuck in leading edge. Small seashells or shell fragments in the leading edge between kite and bladder? Cabrinha? Examine leading edge very carefully for any of the above

SABOTAGE!?!?

K. o'Contro

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:52 pm

Before putting any bladder in or out wash the inside of the kite really well. If your kite is full of sand or salt crystals and you put the new bladder or repaired old one back in there the salt or sand will wear through. Shove the hose in the end of your kites leading edge while the bladder is out and wash out all the crap. Leave it to dry for a while then put baby powder on your baldder. That helps it slide in and out and move as you inflate it for the first time.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:57 pm

I have always found that water is a good lubricant for re inserting a bladder. No need to dry the kite and use baby powder.

Chris G

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:44 pm

Ok, I think I have something sharp lying in my leading edge.. will wash it. Thanks!

/ olle

Return to “Kitesurfing”