fcupsports
Rare Poster
Gear: lots
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Original Liquid Force to Learn

Postby fcupsports » Tue May 30, 2017 10:21 am

HoverGlide and Flight School package is fantastic, we have had a lot of success here with that set up, heavier riders and choppy conditions go with the Alien Air Deck, lighter and Flat conditions you can learn on the Dwarf Craft. The Second hand value is also really good. as there is always people wanting to learn on a durable well built foil. But its not without its Issues! Please just make sure if you do go for the Hover glide NF2 you buy some Tef Gel to grease up your Nuts!!! Aluminium, and Stainless wasn't the best combo with Saltwater.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue May 30, 2017 6:09 pm

I learned on an original LF Foil Fish setup and thought it worked fine to learn on even with just the full mast. I just switched to the longer fuselage and I really wish I had that while I was learning. If you get the original LF setup, I would highly recommend starting with the longer fuselage. It really slows things down and lets you control altitude much easier.

danidr
Medium Poster
Style: Twintip
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby danidr » Tue May 30, 2017 6:24 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 6:09 pm
I learned on an original LF Foil Fish setup and thought it worked fine to learn on even with just the full mast. I just switched to the longer fuselage and I really wish I had that while I was learning. If you get the original LF setup, I would highly recommend starting with the longer fuselage. It really slows things down and lets you control altitude much easier.
I had the same experience. Had 3 sessions on the short fuselage with mixed results, someone told me about the longer fuselage, got it an the next session was muuuch better. After a few more hours I had no problems consistently staying on the foil and going upwind and downwind.

Return to “Hydrofoil”