Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Re: Kite for 6-10 knots

Postby Kitemanmuc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Brian H wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:39 pm
Anyone using the new airush 15m ultra for foil boarding ?
I heard its awesome.

Brian H
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Whiterock British Columbia
Favorite Beaches: Hurgada egypt
Style: Foilboarding
Gear: 120 groove skate board 110 & 150 Mhl lift. 9m hyperlink ultra light . 4m 5m 8m peak .4.5m Concept-air wave.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Brian H » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:07 pm

It would be nice to hear some real world reviews on this kite but it's big $$$$$.

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: Cape Cod, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe, Pleasure Bay.
Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul, Freestyle, Race
Gear: -
Duotone Dice SLS, BRM Clouds, Ozone R1V2
Lift 150, Moses 637
Triton Custom V3 Bat 37", Temavento Sync
Carved Imperator

Postby pikovsg » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Litsupplyco wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm
abel wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:06 pm
Litsupplyco wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:34 am
Get a Kitech 12m kite. Trust me. We are a group of foilers at the beach and everyone tried everything. Cloud kites, Storm Voyager, Race Foil kites, but the only guy who kites and actually has a blast in 6 knots is the guy with the Kitech 12m. Now we all are getting one. Check out the video. Thats 6 knots and 12m
You will thank me. I promise. Kitech is about to release their V5 of the kite in 2 weeks. Ask Laszlo from Kite Hydrofoil Miami about it. Best kite and you can use it all the way up to 18-20 knots easy. The 15m Kitech works too but, we all have found the 12m to be the better option. Its faster allowing for easier flying and more nimble maneuvering.
Hey Lit,
Thanks for the recommendation. Seems quite convincing (though I still have to overcome my personal preference of LEIs over foils 8) ).
Can you please elaborate further why the 12m is your consolidated better option. For such light winds I would consider the 15m,..no?
We all are afraid of the foil at first :lol: . Like i was saying, we are a group of about 10 foilers and everyone was afraid of the foil kite at first, myself included, but the Kitech made the transition really easy. The race kites still scare me a little. But the kitech gives me the confidence i need to kite in very marginal winds. Just remember when you started kiting and setting up your own kite and launching seemed scary but now you are auto-pilot? Same thing with the foil kite and the Kitech makes it easy. Ozone just came out with their own version of low AR easy relaunch foil kite, the Hyperlink and I think we are going to start seeing more and more. The Kitech is very good too and much lower price. If you want to demo the Kitech i am sure you can. Laszlo from Kite Hydrofoil Miami sometimes sends his kite out for demos.

What length lines are you using for your KiteTech in low wind?

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: Cape Cod, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe, Pleasure Bay.
Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul, Freestyle, Race
Gear: -
Duotone Dice SLS, BRM Clouds, Ozone R1V2
Lift 150, Moses 637
Triton Custom V3 Bat 37", Temavento Sync
Carved Imperator

Postby pikovsg » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:41 pm

slowboat wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:00 pm
pikovsg wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 pm
Not a big fan of foil kites, much prefer LEI's for foiling:

Airush Ultra 15m - working on figuring out the range, but around 6-7 it works.
Cloud D - 13.4m - getting one soon and will test. Guessing around 7-8 and up.

The super important part of all this is a board with lots of volume and low weight. You can have a kite as big as you want, but if you have a low volume board, you won't leave the water.
Hey pikovsg, it seems in previous posts, you really liked the Pulsion 12 for light wind hydrofoiling. Can you update us on why this has changed and now you prefer LEI's?

Thanks
Still like the Pulsion, but just not a fan of foil kites now. It works, but it's slow turning and more straight line riding oriented. Feels a but like being attached to a barge. That said, of all foil kites I've tested, it's one of the best. But, I like to ride waves and carve on a foil and Pulsion is not a match for that kind of riding. I'll be taking it out soon again to test the new race wing and try mega boosting on a foil. BRM Cloud guy all the way now. With a bigger board, 10.4 Cloud can get you down to 9 miles and still be just nimble enough for carving.

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:38 pm

What bar and line length are you using with your 10.4 Cloud and how does the low end compare to the 13.5 Cloud?

thanks again

bigtone667
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Birdie Beach, Budgewoi Beach, Lakes Beach
Favorite Beaches: Umina Beach, Birdies Beach, Lake Munmorah, Canton, The Swamp, Le Morne
Style: surf, foiling, jumping, lawn mowing
Gear: Kites: BRM Cloud D's, Duotone Rebels, Peaks
Wings: Cloud W1 2,3,4,5, Duotone DLAB Unit 4.5/5.5/6.5
Boards: Bit of everything
Foils: AXIS and Triton Foils

Postby bigtone667 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:30 pm

slowboat wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:38 pm
What bar and line length are you using with your 10.4 Cloud and how does the low end compare to the 13.5 Cloud?

thanks again
13.4 Cloud has significantly better low end than the 13.5 Cloud. Great power whether the kite is heading up or down in the sine curve.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 am

pikovsg wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:35 pm
Litsupplyco wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm
abel wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Hey Lit,
Thanks for the recommendation. Seems quite convincing (though I still have to overcome my personal preference of LEIs over foils 8) ).
Can you please elaborate further why the 12m is your consolidated better option. For such light winds I would consider the 15m,..no?
We all are afraid of the foil at first :lol: . Like i was saying, we are a group of about 10 foilers and everyone was afraid of the foil kite at first, myself included, but the Kitech made the transition really easy. The race kites still scare me a little. But the kitech gives me the confidence i need to kite in very marginal winds. Just remember when you started kiting and setting up your own kite and launching seemed scary but now you are auto-pilot? Same thing with the foil kite and the Kitech makes it easy. Ozone just came out with their own version of low AR easy relaunch foil kite, the Hyperlink and I think we are going to start seeing more and more. The Kitech is very good too and much lower price. If you want to demo the Kitech i am sure you can. Laszlo from Kite Hydrofoil Miami sometimes sends his kite out for demos.

What length lines are you using for your KiteTech in low wind?
21. The kitech comes with a bar that is tuned perfectly to the kite and its 21m.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:47 am

pikovsg wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:41 pm
slowboat wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:00 pm
pikovsg wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 pm
Not a big fan of foil kites, much prefer LEI's for foiling:

Airush Ultra 15m - working on figuring out the range, but around 6-7 it works.
Cloud D - 13.4m - getting one soon and will test. Guessing around 7-8 and up.

The super important part of all this is a board with lots of volume and low weight. You can have a kite as big as you want, but if you have a low volume board, you won't leave the water.
Hey pikovsg, it seems in previous posts, you really liked the Pulsion 12 for light wind hydrofoiling. Can you update us on why this has changed and now you prefer LEI's?

Thanks
Still like the Pulsion, but just not a fan of foil kites now. It works, but it's slow turning and more straight line riding oriented. Feels a but like being attached to a barge. That said, of all foil kites I've tested, it's one of the best. But, I like to ride waves and carve on a foil and Pulsion is not a match for that kind of riding. I'll be taking it out soon again to test the new race wing and try mega boosting on a foil. BRM Cloud guy all the way now. With a bigger board, 10.4 Cloud can get you down to 9 miles and still be just nimble enough for carving.
Couple of the BRM faithfuls at my beach both jumped on kitechs now because the relaunch is just better and the kite is more stable in low winds.

Return to “Hydrofoil”