Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

This is so wrong Naish (or I am so wrong)

Forum for kitesurfers
Gpet78
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

This is so wrong Naish (or I am so wrong)

Postby Gpet78 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:36 pm

I wanted to contact Naishkites for a warranty issue went to their website (naishkites.com) but could not find a contact link, helpdesk, a contact form or something like that :angryfire: Is that normal because all companies have contact option in their websites. On the other hand maybe I am stupid and I cannot see it :o . I sent them a message in facebook I hope the reply there at least...

jonysan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Saunton, Weston S Mare, Bournemouth
Favorite Beaches: La Morne Mauritius, anywhere warm
Style: Wave , hopefully smooth,
Gear: Naish Pivots and Slash, F-One Mitu 5'4, F-One Mitu 5'8, old Naish 5'4 Quad (like a guided missile!),

Re: This is so WRONG Naish (or I am so WRONG)

Postby jonysan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Did you buy the Kite / board locally ? if you did, then go back to the dealership, show them the problem, don't get fobbed off with " you need to speak to the manufacturer" tell them THEY need to speak to the manufacturer. and you bought the item on good faith, they have your money, and you can't use the Kite/board. so get a loan kite/board and leave your Kite/board with them to fix or replace it. if it was a fridge or car the dealership would have to sort it, it's not up to you to contact the makers, don't chicken out, but also if it's your fault then accept it.

Gpet78
Medium Poster

Re: This is so wrong Naish (or I am so wrong)

Postby Gpet78 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 pm

I bought the kites new from Germany and I am from Greece, I filled the registration form on Naish website right away back then, anyway the issue is minor and I don't care if they accept it or not. But I think it is unacceptable one of the top 5 companies of kiteboarding not to give a way of communication with their customers from their website.

zloilyoha
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skadovsk
Favorite Beaches: Karzhyny Skadovsk, Cape Town SA
Style: free
Gear: slingshot, ozone, core

Postby zloilyoha » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Gpet78
Medium Poster

Postby Gpet78 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 pm

This is the warranty registration process that you do it when you buy new gear from Naish and I have already done it when I bought my gear, it is not a way to claim warranty issues.

jonysan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Saunton, Weston S Mare, Bournemouth
Favorite Beaches: La Morne Mauritius, anywhere warm
Style: Wave , hopefully smooth,
Gear: Naish Pivots and Slash, F-One Mitu 5'4, F-One Mitu 5'8, old Naish 5'4 Quad (like a guided missile!),

Postby jonysan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 pm

You are right, for a global company which I imagine is in some small way profitable, they ought to have a personal point of contact, even if they refute your claim, at least you don't feel worthless to them.
It will be a cost for a company, and they will have to deal with all sorts of chancers, and "idiots" but the "goodwill" will win in the end.

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo
Has thanked: 0

Postby jeromeL » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 pm

If you email or call your retailer/dealer, send pics and they will take care of it, that's how fone-kite does it and it works. That's part of the retailer job.
If your retailer/dealer doesn't answer your call then you can try and escalate to Naish, and if unsuccessfull you can post on kiteforum.com like you just did ;)

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Naish is a US brand, so I'd recommend contacting them through their US website...
http://www.naishusa.com/k/contact
It's not perfect, but it's' better than nothing and they may be able to assist in getting you in touch with the right people in your country.

I agree that it's very odd for a major manufacture in the 21st century to not have a contact link on their website.

Gpet78
Medium Poster

Postby Gpet78 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 pm

Now I realise that I was totally wrong, Naish has a 90days (3 months) warranty policy so I am far out of the warranty period because I have my gear for almost 10 months, so my warranty is not valid, I thought at first that the warranty was valid for 1 year. But anyway I think this post is useful to the the kiteboarding community so that everybody knows that Naish has 90 days warranty for their kites and bars 90 days warranty is that a joke or what? :lol: So my Naish Shift bar can fall apart after 10 months of moderate use and for Naish this is totally normal :lol: Thank god my 2 Torch kites are fine till now at least.
PS: many will think that I am a troll and I just want to bush Naish but it is not like that. I love my Naish kites and my first kite was a Naish Aero 10m back in 2002 and I did not have any quality issues with Naish products till I had this minor bar issue today. But I think it is time to speak out so that the companies know (not only Naish but some others too) that many kiters are fed up with their poor warranty policies and customer service.

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone
Has thanked: 0

Postby mr moon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:35 pm

90 days Warranty??? Maybe in the US but in EU we have a 12 months statutory policy?

Return to “Kitesurfing”