Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new 2017/2018 Naish Boxer

Forum for kitesurfers
pitbulldoug
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fortaleza,Cumbuco,Uruau,CE Brasil Ventura Co.California
Style: Wave and foil
Gear: Naish Kites/Wings,ASD surfboards Fortaleza CE Brasil,Kalama supfoil, MHL kitefoil,GoFoil surffoils,Scrivy Surfboards CA.Axis foils,Camet winging boards,Starboard/Airush Wings
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: new 2017/2018 Naish Boxer

Postby pitbulldoug » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:37 am

I've been using the trips and brm clouds last few years foiling and just last month got the new boxers 6m 8m 10m sizes been riding them here in NE Brazil so have quite a few hrs on all of them. first I really liked to my trips and the clouds foiling, however the new boxers are definitely a step up from the old trips really like them in all the sizes I have,they still have that good low end like the trips and drift, but much improved and enjoyed stability, with added strut and new quadtech canopy which IMO is very good real tough a bit heavier than old trips but worth it to me less canopy flutter by far and more strength good trade off IMO.all the sizes I have are very responsive solid downloopers, and relaunch is waay better than the trips or any strutless kite if you ask me,My usual go to kite size here is the 8m, as Im a heavy rider, but just love the 6m when its cranking that is so much fun to ride and fly, stoke level very high,just real good kite for foiling can't say enough very glad I got them.one last thing is for me another plus is the boxer is a dual purpose kite for travel as it works well surf kiting too very well, I have 10m slash which is awesome kite but I can easily rely on the boxer in regular Surf Kite traveling so no need to bring a surf and a foil kite for me boxer 2 in 1 thumbs up for the boxer,

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:21 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:49 am
tautologies wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:27 pm
Whats your take on the Boxer in a large size as a surf kite? What about for jumping?
The Slash is my new favorite !
I still haven't ridden the slash. They were out of it. :(
I am getting a lot of love from the Dash tho.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:23 am

pitbulldoug wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:37 am
I've been using the trips and brm clouds last few years foiling and just last month got the new boxers 6m 8m 10m sizes been riding them here in NE Brazil so have quite a few hrs on all of them. first I really liked to my trips and the clouds foiling, however the new boxers are definitely a step up from the old trips really like them in all the sizes I have,they still have that good low end like the trips and drift, but much improved and enjoyed stability, with added strut and new quadtech canopy which IMO is very good real tough a bit heavier than old trips but worth it to me less canopy flutter by far and more strength good trade off IMO.all the sizes I have are very responsive solid downloopers, and relaunch is waay better than the trips or any strutless kite if you ask me,My usual go to kite size here is the 8m, as Im a heavy rider, but just love the 6m when its cranking that is so much fun to ride and fly, stoke level very high,just real good kite for foiling can't say enough very glad I got them.one last thing is for me another plus is the boxer is a dual purpose kite for travel as it works well surf kiting too very well, I have 10m slash which is awesome kite but I can easily rely on the boxer in regular Surf Kite traveling so no need to bring a surf and a foil kite for me boxer 2 in 1 thumbs up for the boxer,
have you ever tried foiling with the Slash ?

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,

Postby clint2070 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:48 pm

anyone know why theres a pig tail sewn on to the trailing edge of my 12m Boxer ?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:56 am

clint2070 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:48 pm
anyone know why theres a pig tail sewn on to the trailing edge of my 12m Boxer ?
I didn't see it on mine..though I have not checked. I am assuming it is LWR? Would make sense even if the kite is easy to relaunch.

pitbulldoug
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fortaleza,Cumbuco,Uruau,CE Brasil Ventura Co.California
Style: Wave and foil
Gear: Naish Kites/Wings,ASD surfboards Fortaleza CE Brasil,Kalama supfoil, MHL kitefoil,GoFoil surffoils,Scrivy Surfboards CA.Axis foils,Camet winging boards,Starboard/Airush Wings
Has thanked: 0

Postby pitbulldoug » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:27 am

clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:23 am
pitbulldoug wrote:
Clint have not been on site for a bit hence late reply,but no never tried my 10m slash foiling yet as pretty much use it exclusively for waves,however I'm sure it would work well.Past few months been flying the boxers in S America and really am very happy with them foiling,just a great kite for foiling,a "trip"on steroids! the boxers are a bit heavier than there predecessor trips,and lighter than the slash's,not to say the slash would not be a good foil kite,but in my 2yrs so foiling lighter kites seem better performers for me personally foiling,some might disagree?be interested on how you guys like the 12m boxer as I sold my 12m trip and now back in calif need to replace it for lighter days here back home.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:13 pm

I am happy with my 12m boxer. I only hydrofoil with it. Everyone who has tried it is impressed

CG

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster

Postby clint2070 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:52 am

pitbulldoug wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:27 am
clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:23 am
pitbulldoug wrote:
Clint have not been on site for a bit hence late reply,but no never tried my 10m slash foiling yet as pretty much use it exclusively for waves,however I'm sure it would work well.Past few months been flying the boxers in S America and really am very happy with them foiling,just a great kite for foiling,a "trip"on steroids! the boxers are a bit heavier than there predecessor trips,and lighter than the slash's,not to say the slash would not be a good foil kite,but in my 2yrs so foiling lighter kites seem better performers for me personally foiling,some might disagree?be interested on how you guys like the 12m boxer as I sold my 12m trip and now back in calif need to replace it for lighter days here back home.
Definitely get the 12m boxer. You won't need a bigger kite for foiling. I sold my 14m pivot thinking the 2018 pivots were coming out sooner so I've been stuck using the boxer as my light wind surf kite too. There's only been one day when I couldn't really go on my surfboard but it was blowing 8-13mph

trnsprt
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, N.C.
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Desoto, FL. Sprecklesville, HI. Hatteras National Seashore, Fire Island, NY.
Style: Learning
Gear: Slingshot Rallys, SS Wave SST's, Naish Boxer. SS Asylum. Nobile Split Hydrofoil. SS Celeritas
Been thanked: 0

Postby trnsprt » Thu May 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Question. I have the 12m boxer. It's a pretty well behaved kite. Like the relaunch. Doesn't seem to get too crazy when powered up.

However I have a lot of trouble with the kite backstalling. I have it set up on the Naish torque bar 20m lines with 4m (or 6?m) extensions. I am using the kite for foiling. So admittedly I'm flying it at the lower end of it's range. 12ish Kts. I don't take wind readings or anything so I am guessing. I suppose maybe the wind is lighter sometimes stronger other times with the gusts. Historically I fly 5 strut LEI's twin tipping and surfing. The foil thing and 3 strut softer kite is new to me. Just curious if there is a technique I am missing or whether this is just something you have to be used to? The darn thing will backstall and then hot launch as I correct by letting the bar out. Obviously it's backstalling because I've oversheeted. Is there a technique I am missing or is this kite just a little finniky? Or am I just being ham handed and need to ease up on the kite?

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Sounds like light wind technique issue to me. I'm assuming you are adjusting the trim on the beach before you go into the water so you don't have any backstall? In which case it may be that its a little windier on the beach than in the water. Stretched/shrunken lines will also exacerbate the problem so worth checking your line lengths.

Adjusting the wing tip settings on the kite may firm up the bar feedback so you can feel when you are stalling the kite. Some people like having a little over-sheeting range in the bar throw so they can drop the kite back into the power when they need to. I'm not that good so I prefer to fly without it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”