Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Concept'air Pulsion 15m

For all foil kite riders

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 15&12, Elf 11 &7, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, Rally 6&4.
foil Ketos, Zone, OR mako, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Concept'air Pulsion 15m

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Not sure the bar from concept air is the best if it is your question. Most of the pulsion sold in France that I know were witout bar. If its trim lenght is long enough (say above 20cm to fix idea, but next time I will measure accurately what is the trim requirement for your service :thumb: ), it will fly using the whole trim in marginal wind, which IMO is not a problem at all.

flying grandpa
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Siemiany, Rewa
Favorite Beaches: Soma Bay, Valdevaqueros, Karwia
Style: hydrofoil long distance, slalom, waves
Gear: ZEEKO, OZONE

Postby flying grandpa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:48 pm

Just a few impressions from todays 18 m Pulsion session. Was blowing gusty wind across the lake 4-15 kts. I took shorter, 18m lines and got much better control in gusts.

I put largest Zeeko front foil:Carver-wing. It has a lot of surface that limits max speed to app. 20 Kts limiting true windspeed for the kite as well.

Shorter lines delay my starts by 1-2 kts, but low limit remained the same when up and foiling. I can wait 3 min for 2 kts more wind.

There were enough luls to experiment with
new ways to keep the kite flying longer.
I put my foil in a position developed by Gunnar for dragging the foil through the shorebreak (https://youtu.be/shOrYjUMYpI), and steer upwind as much as I can.

My speed went above 1 knot, added to windspeed and kept kite high with decent line tension. More effective than just flying or looping the kite. And may bring you closer to the spot as well, but may not work on bigger swell/waves.
Tadeusz

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 15&12, Elf 11 &7, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, Rally 6&4.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks to share your hyper light wind tricks.

Here is a video in very light wind this summer when all lines went often slack ... and indeed it was actually hard to get away from shore, I used the "surfer technique" ; I bet it would have impossible with another kite ; I had to fight and hope, but in the end ...
phpBB [video]

opie
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: sherman island
Style: foiling
Gear: Ketos Fr2, Fr2XL Cloudkites, Pansh A15 15m, 12m

Postby opie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:25 am

That was impressive.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:23 am

As it stays in the air with even less wind than the 12m, as you can see in the video, I just decided to push the experience ahead and test the experience of the pulsion 18m to see if I can save some precious mini-Knots.
So i'll sell my 15m beforehand to finance it. Is there any dedicated second hand chapter in this forum ?

Return to “Foil Kites”