Local Beach: Blackpool and Como.
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras
Waddell
Tarifa
Gear: Follow the Rabbits
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Has thanked: 0

Postby Rossall » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:48 am

Can any help me with the ideal line length for my TORO's. I am currently running front and back lines all the same length ( 30 mtr inc. leaders on a airush bar )
but I notice that the kite tends to over sheet slightly when fully powered up, ie wing tipe splayed out to a point where the kite seems to be over sheeted. Any advise would help.

Phil.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:09 pm

I think equal lines is correct. I've only flown the 16m. Notice the rear knotted line on the kite is longer than the front. This allows the kite to be flown with standard equal line lengths.

Now having said that, some of my Rhinos are not all perfectly trimmed on equal line lengths. On my 16m I need to pull the strap in just a little.

I'd just move the knots on your leaders to tune the kite like you know it should fly.

Things stretch, kites aren't perfect, tune your kite and lines like you know it should be.

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jever98 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:15 pm

From my impression, it also depends on how long your depower is. On a long one, I would tend to make the back lines a little shorter, since it would ensure that the back lines aren't too long.

Return to “Kitesurfing”