shutupjoy
Medium Poster
Gear: North Evo 2016
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha FX 2018- Good for waves?

Postby shutupjoy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:36 am

Hi. I looking for kite for unhooking and waves and also bigair. Kind of allaround.
Is FX good for my needs?
Thank you guys

mikelet
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: Yes
Brand Affiliation: No

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018- Good for waves?

Postby mikelet » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Yes ,without any doubt , it is super stable , it drifts ok and slacks lines perfectly , it's also fast turning in small sizes,low/med bar pressure and good feedback . I use it for the same purpose you named in big sizes ...
Only cons ,should be for downloop /kiteloops drifts as the kite it pulls hard during this and reaches the zenith fast , if you're riding strapless it can be a problem and you should be careful on the power . If you're riding straped with fast and agressive style and you're a big guy it is a super fun kite, be prepared to aerials on top turns in onshore to side on winds :cool2: :thumb:
Big sizes a bit lazy for upwind ..

Bartolo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight kites

Re: Cabrinha FX 2018- Good for waves?

Postby Bartolo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:43 pm

mikelet wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:41 pm
Yes ,without any doubt , it is super stable , it drifts ok and slacks lines perfectly , it's also fast turning in small sizes,low/med bar pressure and good feedback . I use it for the same purpose you named in big sizes ...
Only cons ,should be for downloop /kiteloops drifts as the kite it pulls hard during this and reaches the zenith fast , if you're riding strapless it can be a problem and you should be careful on the power . If you're riding straped with fast and agressive style and you're a big guy it is a super fun kite, be prepared to aerials on top turns in onshore to side on winds :cool2: :thumb:
Big sizes a bit lazy for upwind ..
Are you talking about 2018 specifically or did you also use the 2016 or 2017 models?

Also, do you consider a 10m a big size?

Return to “Kitesurfing”