Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Manera Exo failure

forum for kitesurfers

lovethepirk
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Boosting lit up and overpowered
Gear: 16m NRG, 14m NRG, 12m Switchblade, 10m NRG, 145x43 Tronic, 160x41 Glide, Delta Race Hydrofoil w/ Slingshot Space Pickle Board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Manera Exo failure

Postby lovethepirk » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:40 pm

BernieTomic1 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:38 am
My first harness the stitching inside the harness on the straps broke mid boost. Was able to hold onto bar and get back in quickly. I have a Exo now, but I use the dynarbar spreader bar and buckle and it is in pretty good shape after over a year.

What part of the below pic broke? Not sure yours is the same as mine but looking at the spreader bar hook and buckle they are not as wide as I'd like to see nor is the diameter of the buckle as much as I'd like to see. Thanks for mentioning this.

BernieTomic1
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: Rebel 9/12
Neo 7/9
Cabrinha Secret weapon
F-ONE Trax HRD
Naish Orbit

Postby BernieTomic1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:15 pm

lovethepirk wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:40 pm
BernieTomic1 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:38 am
What part of the below pic broke? Not sure yours is the same as mine but looking at the spreader bar hook and buckle they are not as wide as I'd like to see nor is the diameter of the buckle as much as I'd like to see. Thanks for mentioning this.

I'll try upload new photos. The break is on the other side. The metal part that is attached to the spreader bar (can't see how it is supposed to look as parts of it are gone) broke off and one edge went through the soft part of the spreader bar. The loop on the left side is completely broken, which should be clear from the photo.
alexeyga wrote:
Can't help wondering what were your first words... :lol:
Of the bat, it looks like your harness is too big for you (or the spreader bar too wide), the straps are all the way in.

Can't remember the first words, but my first clear thought was "don't go unconscious now".
Tried to swim towards the kite, but there was no way I was going to reach that, so I went the other way towards a harbour mole.
Interesting that you would say that harness or bar might be too big. It is a M size harness, the spreader bar is 28 cm. I am 186 cm and athletic/thin. Would you say that M and 25 cm would be a more appropriate choice, or maybe even S and 28 cm?

Thanks Matteo and others for the technical explanation.
Attachments
20171001_215544_resized.jpg
20171001_215828_resized.jpg

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Any gear is good gear as long as it has nothing to do with EPIC!

Postby alexeyga » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:12 am

BernieTomic1 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:15 pm

Can't remember the first words, but my first clear thought was "don't go unconscious now".
Tried to swim towards the kite, but there was no way I was going to reach that, so I went the other way towards a harbour mole.
Interesting that you would say that harness or bar might be too big. It is a M size harness, the spreader bar is 28 cm. I am 186 cm and athletic/thin. Would you say that M and 25 cm would be a more appropriate choice, or maybe even S and 28 cm?
I'm 193cm with 33ish waist, my Manera 2016 was a medium one and by 2016 - if I'm not mistaking - they've dropped the idea of having different size spreaders - at least when I ordered mine - I had no choice.

That said, the way Maneras are ment to fit - with the side flaps all the way in - you're still supposed to have some breathing length on the straps. Yours seem to be pulled all the way in. If your spreader bar is too wide - that fixed end is overworking in bending when it should mostly be working in tension - hence the breakage.

I don't have mine anymore, but for other reasons. I honestly miss it - these are great and comfy harnesses, but I surely don't miss the clipping thing, it's so much better on Mystics and Ions.

Cheers.

huge
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007

Postby huge » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:46 pm

isn't this Manera stuff a Fone company ? I owned a Fone once, the leash snapped and so did the chicken loop so, not surprised

Return to “Kitesurfing”