Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Most Comfortable Harness

forum for kitesurfers


rogue_kiteboarder
Medium Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:42 am
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Crazy Fly Raptor LTD, Pivot, Lithium, Neo, Reo, Enduro, C1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:39 pm

This one, that one, no the other one. This is a very personal preference and no ones answer will be right for you.

However, I love the 2017 Dakine Pyro with option spreader bar.

kitegirls
Medium Poster
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:04 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: North kites, Cabrinha (unfortunately) bar and Slingshot bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby kitegirls » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:46 pm

rogue_kiteboarder wrote:This one, that one, no the other one. This is a very personal preference and no ones answer will be right for you.

However, I love the 2017 Dakine Pyro with option spreader bar.
Where did you get the Option? And can you send me one!!!??? :jump:

kitegirls
Medium Poster
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:04 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: North kites, Cabrinha (unfortunately) bar and Slingshot bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby kitegirls » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:47 pm

fat blokes can fly wrote:This is a fashion lead subject, for most a waist harness is not suitable due to the rider being soft in the middle and not having a rock solid core.

I changed from a fashionable waist to an ION B2 several years ago and have recently bought a 2017 model. They are simply the best I have experience in 17 years of Kitesurfing yet they still look cool due to the integrated shorts.

With a seat you can hold more power and you sessions will be longer as you don't suffer with abdominal fatigue which importantly affects ability to pop.

Just try a friends briefly, a little strange at first as the hook is lower but you very soon get used to it.

Let us know how you get on?
Rode a seat for a year. That's why I switched to waist. It wasn't fashion for me. The seat gave me atomic wedgies every session that were impossible to pull out until I got back to the beach and could pull it out... :movingbutt:

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:50 am

kitegirls wrote:
fat blokes can fly wrote:This is a fashion lead subject, for most a waist harness is not suitable due to the rider being soft in the middle and not having a rock solid core.

I changed from a fashionable waist to an ION B2 several years ago and have recently bought a 2017 model. They are simply the best I have experience in 17 years of Kitesurfing yet they still look cool due to the integrated shorts.

With a seat you can hold more power and you sessions will be longer as you don't suffer with abdominal fatigue which importantly affects ability to pop.

Just try a friends briefly, a little strange at first as the hook is lower but you very soon get used to it.

Let us know how you get on?
Rode a seat for a year. That's why I switched to waist. It wasn't fashion for me. The seat gave me atomic wedgies every session that were impossible to pull out until I got back to the beach and could pull it out... :movingbutt:
Sounds painful......eek!

Did you try any other harness's, maybe you just had an unsuitable one.

Is it a women's specific harness you require and if so would this possibly be best asked of the ladies of the forum? :thumb:

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: West Sussex
Gear: this 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: South coast, UK

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby iriejohn » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:01 am

kitegirls wrote:Rode a seat for a year. That's why I switched to waist. It wasn't fashion for me. The seat gave me atomic wedgies every session that were impossible to pull out until I got back to the beach and could pull it out... :movingbutt:
You simply had a seat harness which did not fit your shape. That in itself is no reason to dismiss all seat harnesses any more than having a poor fitting chest harness would be grounds for dismissing all chest harnesses.

But if it's COOL you want to look get a Ride Engine, job jobbed. ;-)

rogue_kiteboarder
Medium Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:42 am
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Crazy Fly Raptor LTD, Pivot, Lithium, Neo, Reo, Enduro, C1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:45 am

kitegirls wrote:
rogue_kiteboarder wrote:This one, that one, no the other one. This is a very personal preference and no ones answer will be right for you.

However, I love the 2017 Dakine Pyro with option spreader bar.
Where did you get the Option? And can you send me one!!!??? :jump:

Got hands on a preproduction demo, you will love it. They should be available in a couple weeks.

EricSanders
Rare Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:39 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Metro Beach Detroit
Favorite Beaches: Tawas, OBX
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade Trigger 7.0
LF NRG 10.0
Best Kahuna 13.5
Blade Fat Lady 17.0
Royal Rush 19.0
Pansh Aurora2 22m
Spleen door 164
OceanRodeo Mako King
Liquid Force Edge 146
Axis Vanguard 148
Axis Vanguard 136
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Brighton, Michigan

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby EricSanders » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:04 pm

I second the ION B2. Really comfortable. No problem with wedgies, but then again, I'm not a super booster yet either.

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby edt » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:11 pm

knotwindy wrote:Sorry but there is no such thing. It is different for every body shape and riding style.
You just have to try them.
It is like asking what is the most comfortable shoe?
just here to repeat what others have said.

Bhwillia
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:34 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 2006
Favorite Beaches: Skyway
Style: Hook in and hang on!
Gear: Best Chubby, Sector60v2, MHLLift, ozone edge 19&13, LF Solo 12, 9, 6.5
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby Bhwillia » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Wear an old XL Mystic Warrior 2 around my chest. Can't ride up ( already to armpit ), does not hurt broken rib!!!, and phenomenal for freestyle foiling. If I want to boost or race, seat harness or shorts.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1263
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Brand Affiliation: F-One
Contact:

Re: Most Comfortable Harness

Postby windmaker » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Harnesses are like shoes. Different feet fit in different shoes, What is comfortable to one can be discomfort to others... and a waist harness that never rides up is the oldest marketing slogan.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], wood1 and 21 guests

cron