Qman
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2
Local Beach: Shoreham
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Diani Beach, Kenya. Dec - Feb kite size and shared office space

Postby Qman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:01 am

Is there anyone here with some good knowledge of Diani Beach, Kenya?

I'm looking to relocate myself to Diani Beach for a couple of months during this European winter and have a couple of questions.

Are there any co-working spaces / hot desking spaces to rent? I don't need anything fancy, just a reliable internet connection for emails / Skype.

I'll be there mid December until early February, I'm 67kgs, ride a twin tip. Is a 10m kite going to be too small or do I need a bigger kite?

I have a 7m kite, which needs 25 knots plus to get me going. Is it a waste of time taking a 7m?

Many thanks

Bertie
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Diani Beach, Kenya. Dec - Feb kite size and shared office space

Postby Bertie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Spent a week at Diani in February a couple of years ago. At 75kg most days I used a 10m and don’t remember being overpowered. Snorkelled every morning, one morning safari at Shimba hills and kiting in the afternoon and a (windless) day at Tsavo east to see lots of red elephants. Stayed at Kenyaways on beach. Whole trip was fab. You will love it. Oh and was cheap as chips.

lisaped
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Diani Beach, Kenya. Dec - Feb kite size and shared office space

Postby lisaped » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:38 pm

If you travel Diani to the south end of it you come to Galu beach which is better than Diani and this is the place to go. We went there 2 years in a raw 14-15 and will go there again sooner or later. The landscapes, beaches, nature are fantastic and they are lacking human pollution. We stayed half a month each year in January which is the windiest month of the year according Windfinder. 55% 17m, 35% 11-12m, 10% 9m. No need to take smaller sizes. Internet connection depends on the place you stay. In a private cottage it was bad and expensive. In a hotel it was free but quality depended on the location of staying.
Attachments
IMG_22_4311.JPG
IMG_15_3813.JPG

Return to “Kitesurfing”