Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Session 3 Harness from Ocean Rodeo

Forum for kitesurfers
ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Session 3 Harness from Ocean Rodeo

Postby ORSales » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Kamikuza wrote:What's the sizing like? Session2 XL is still too small :(
They do fit larger than the S2. Sizing chart is online... hopefully this one fits you?
wazzaah wrote:Ship them to the Netherlands asap please :) My Session 2 is stillin use but after 7 years of good use ... who knows what wear and tear there are on the inside
Please get in touch with Barry ar Stormchaser.nl for all Ocean Rodeo products in Holland. We ship to Barry upwards of 1-2 per month, so plenty of opportunity to get you a new S3 harness!

John

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:18 pm

ORSales

Hey question for you. Have you changed the front bar? I busted both front bars on the last two OR2 harnesses

also the back lines that hold on to the leg straps only last for a few weeks before I need to replace with kite line.

foam-n-fibre
Frequent Poster
Gear: DIY boards and OR kites

Postby foam-n-fibre » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Does it have the same support at the original Session? I've tried a couple other models (not OR) in the last couple years but find they have less support, so the load is on a narrower strip around your lower back which is much less comfortable. After trying some other harnesses I now see why some people report trying waist harnesses and finding them uncomfortable (I should add I've been in waist harnesses for 25 years, but its just some recent ones I've found not as comfortable for some reason). I keep going back to my Session1 but I think the webbing is starting to look dangerously worn after all these years and so many sessions on it.

BTW, I've never used the leg straps and never will, so it would be nice to not have to buy the part I'll never use.

Peter

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi guys. Very quick response from the road as I'm at METS in Amsterdam this week.

Yes, totally new supplier. The last (S2) harness had a few production runs that had crummy spreaders. They were all marked with a code on the back, 1307 i think from memory? If you have one (or two! Damn!) that broke, email sales@ for a warranty replacement. However - yes new supplier for this S3 harness so no worries there.

As for support, I find the new S3 to have as much or more support than the S1 or S2.

JZ

chibern
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SoCal
Style: Spastic
Gear: Anything

Postby chibern » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 pm

ORSales wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:41 pm
KitingPolak wrote:Are there sliding hook options available (vs. fixed hook spreader bar)?
Simple answer is no. Longer answer is that the dynabar would work fine with it, as would removing the hook and setting up a rope slider, which we could help you with if you were hesitant to make your own modifications.

JZ
Do you have a video showing this modification? I really like using the Dakine Option Bar but the Dakine Fusion harness itself is a little uncomfortable. I'd like to see how a rope slider set up would look on a Session 3.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 pm

chibern wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 pm
ORSales wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:41 pm
KitingPolak wrote:Are there sliding hook options available (vs. fixed hook spreader bar)?
Simple answer is no. Longer answer is that the dynabar would work fine with it, as would removing the hook and setting up a rope slider, which we could help you with if you were hesitant to make your own modifications.

JZ
Do you have a video showing this modification? I really like using the Dakine Option Bar but the Dakine Fusion harness itself is a little uncomfortable. I'd like to see how a rope slider set up would look on a Session 3.
Based on the S3's strap design (and widths), you could also use Ion's rope bar or possibly Prolimit's rope bar (it's hard to tell in the pic if it would fit the wider strap)...
http://www.prolimit.com/product/universal-rope-bar/
I don't think Ion offers their rope spreader anymore, however you can find some online still. Google Ion No Hook
Then get the Dakine Option hook only!

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bushflyr » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:41 am

chibern wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Go look in the "Chicken loop byebye" thread. Early on there are a bunch of pix of my Session with a DIY slider.

chibern
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SoCal
Style: Spastic
Gear: Anything

Postby chibern » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestions @Da Yoda and @Bushflyr!

lindseym
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa
Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby lindseym » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:41 pm

My session 2 is a solid harness and am glad that OR stuck with this design for its latest model. For me, back issues and fatigue are prevented by using harnesses like this (tons of surface area). I get the concept of the hardshell harnesses like Ride but everytime I used one my back would be sore after my session. I currently use either my Mystic Worrier or my Session harness.

Return to “Kitesurfing”