trend??

Forum for kitesurfers
inez
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby inez » Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:55 pm

Does anyone know what's a new trend in the kitesurfing world? I'm thinking about new accesories, new kites, new parts etc. It would be a great help!! Thnx.

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster

Postby Paraflysurf » Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:18 pm

If you need a totall new carbon-bar with an automatical safety system that gives you a safe feeling even in overpowered conditions, call me.

The name of the bar is SPIDER :

Steering
Performance with
Innovative
Depower and
Emergency
Rescue

It will come to market in the first quarter of 2002.

If you are interested contact me or look in this forum for "Totally new bar with integrated safety system.

If you need a new and good kite you can take an XXtreem-Softkite (by Ted Dougherty). I will get a new JOJO Rage next week. If it is also good, I will tell you.

Or do you prefer tubes ???

Manfred

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:53 am

from all i've seen in germany,
the north-kites are 'in'....

i expect the 2002 slingshots to get a big hype, too....

and let's wait for the new type, the mid-range 4-line kites like the naish aero and the wipika or rrd...

flexing boards will be everywhere in 2002 like the loose.it ax series...

that's what i've seen and suspect :wink:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:43 am

As for the high performance kites, they are developing with the new Gaastra and Naish X2 kites with a longer hangtime. The ARX has a lot of power to boost you up in the air, but the new ARX, called X2, has the same power but gives you more time in the air. With the ARX you were back to the water earlier than with the X2. Same with the Gaastra GXS.

All kites look like that they have good quality and materials, specially the Naish Aero with its new material.

There might be a trend to more fins on the board and boards which are a hybrid of twintip and directional (Naish Mutant, AHD Etik). At the new video "breaking wind" you see many of these and I saw a good rider in Fuerteventura, who was riding in the worldcup with this kind of board.

See the pictures of the fair Boot 2002 for the latest equipment.

Return to “Kitesurfing”