All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: NSI "Golf" Bag
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey check out my new golf bag, perfect for all of my golfing needs:

Hey wait a minute, those aren't golf clubs!

132 fits nicely inside...

I also tried with my 147, just barely fit (I don't think you could go any longer.) I can get two kites in there without taking them out of the bags, could probably do three if I took them out of the bags.

The finish is excellent, very quality looking (guess that helps preserve the golf image.) There are no internal pockets for bars etc, but I found I rarely used these on my last bag anyway. Big beefy rubber wheels with ball bearing hubs, nice. Nice cushy handles to grab onto. Little feet at the end so it can stand up vertically.

Best of all its very compact, not real oversized and boxy like my Dakine bag. It looks a lot smaller, but it still fits the board easily. I think even if it didn't have the golf patch, you'd me less likely to catch shit from the dweebs at the flight counter, just because its so much smaller.

Will report back after it gets some field testing with the dreaded Hawaiian Airlines (already charged me $80 bucks one way before, lamers.) No more anxious moments at the gate trying to figure out what excuse you are going to use ("skis" usually worked for me.) Cheers to NSI for coming up with this great idea, and the very good execution of it as well. :thumb:

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:13 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

dax,

back to your carpet, what kind of vacumn do you use to kep it so clean. Ho you reguarly shampoo it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Kitedude wrote:
dax,

back to your carpet, what kind of vacumn do you use to kep it so clean. Ho you reguarly shampoo it?

I vacuum three times a week, and I rub it with fine oils extracted from a very rare species of wildflower, found only in the deepest reaches of the amazon.

Post subject: Where did you get this...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:56 pm 
Rare Poster

Just checked out NSI's site today and thought that I would get one...where did you order yours from? I was thinking of just ordering it straight from NSI...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:32 pm 
Frequent Poster

Dax I like your posts, actual digital photos sure help. Get some pics of those Bests when you get them pumped up. :) and post them if possilbe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:26 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hi Dax,

I'm thinking about the bag as well.

How big are the kites? Do you have the rest of your gear (bar(s), harness, wetsuit) also in the bag?

When you say 3 kites without bag would fit, about what sizes are we talking? With or without the rest of the gear?

I have a 136x38 gaastra sky pro, 12m, 16.6m and a 28m kite, 1 bar, harness, long and short wetsuit.

I think the 28m would be too big for the bag, how about the rest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:49 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

NOICE Bag! :o

How much/Where (I have a vacation coming up this summer)?

The carpet is lovely too! :rollgrin:

Sid sends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:29 am 
Very Frequent Poster

It was $145. You can get it from any NSI dealer, if you can't find one then NSI sells direct too:

http://www.nsipadz.com/orderinginfo.html

As for size... Its a pretty tight fit with two kites in the bags, I tried a 13.5m and a 10m. I'm sure with enough smushing I can get my 16, 12, and 10 in there, but I doubt I could get anything else in (maybe a bar or two.)

For me its kind of a mute issue. I'd rather take one of the kites as carry on (done it before, works fine), and bring a big bag for the rest of the gear if I have to. Your allowed two check-in bags, so you might as well make the other one a big one (as long as its under 50lbs.) If NSI made the golf bag any bigger, it wouldn't look like a golf bag...

I think two kites and a harness + wetsuit would work. I'll post again when I get packed up next week. Right now my gear is all in the car and ready for quick deployment! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:46 am 
Frequent Poster

if you want to shove more kites in that bag vacuum pack them using space saver closet bags from wallmart and the suction side of your pump.

I can fit three kites in one kite bag using the vacuum pack method. great for traveling....

-Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:33 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
I already have a kite bag that works well.
But if someone on this forum want to make some money they should make up some nice looking GOLF labels for bags and I'd be the first to buy them.

:wink:
C Glazier

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next