All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: sweet strutter came in
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

:thumb: I have it on my head , boy they named it right it’s sweeet fits very nice don’t feel like a helmet. Looks good feels good. Not bulky at all and very light weight. Will give it a test as soon as the wind comes up or if I go spear fishing I will do a crash test and jump out of the boat . I will let you know soon how the bill does in test other than that there is no question. I really don't see a problem with it, it's not to big but Rick had some worries so I’ll be the dummy and do the test. Rick hope i don't end up on the list. :o

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

hey oceanplay,

i would like to hear more about this helmet. give us a post when you get out and see how it does on the water.

thanks
kt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:35 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Got to take it out on the water for a test. It was very light when wet and very comfy also visor is bent just right, keeps the sun out and you can tuck your head and stop the spray from pelting your eyes. I didn’t notices that much drag from the visor most of the water seemed to rush under the hat and out the back and sides I strapped it down so there was just some play so it would give a little. Very nice I now will where a helmet all the time. All the crew wanted one, very sharp looking. :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:46 am 
Rare Poster

oceanplay,

are you still happy with the helmet. any tendencies for bucketing?

/marve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

it's great just came back from aruba it was 25 gust to 35 i was using a 13.5 yarga super lit and took some great crashes didn't know it was on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:39 pm 
Rare Poster

thanks,

i am putting in my order.

/marve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:10 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I hope it works out. Folks do like a lid that looks good. Unfortunately, the only way to get a feel for some of the drag concerns is to wipeout, hard and from height several times. You need wind for this of course which is in short supply in our area right now. It would be good to not cause a neck fracture, inflamation or other injury from the test series. Good luck, have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:49 pm 
Medium Poster

I have just got the Sweet Holy Diver. As with the Strutter, it is so light that you don't even know you are wearing a helmet. The only giveaway is that the sun is no longer in your eyes. The only thing I did not like was the ear covers but they are removable. Expensive but in worth it IMHO.

Cheers
Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

RickI wrote:
I hope it works out. Folks do like a lid that looks good. Unfortunately, the only way to get a feel for some of the drag concerns is to wipeout, hard and from height several times. You need wind for this of course which is in short supply in our area right now. It would be good to not cause a neck fracture, inflamation or other injury from the test series. Good luck, have fun!

rick as i said i was on a 13.5 in 35+mph gust, took some crashes with kite loops. i would think that is more than a good test some pretty hairy wipe outs. this was six day's of testing in aruba just look at the winds in i wind surf, dates from 6/10 to 6/15 i'm still in shock i could hold that kite down in the gusts we had. i did not know the helmet was on very nice product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

i dont think this lid is all that suitable for kitesurfing..
i have had one for the last 2.5 years.. i used it for kayaking and it was fine for that..

but im not too sure about is high speed impacts, its designed to take rock impacts at low speed...

not 40mph slams..

my opinion... but it is a lovely lid :)

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next