All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Vegas 05 16....Awesome!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:09 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi Guys,

Just thouht i would post my thoughts on my new Vegas 05 16. I know they have been a few negative things said about the 04 16 so thought i would have my say on the 05

In a word...Awesome!! I have just got the kite and went out in marginal conditions last Sunday. the wind never went over 12/13 knots. I weigh about 75kg and was on a Thorn 129. I was able to stay upwind and even had a couple of (Small) jumps. I was about the only person on the beach to spend any consistent time on the water even staying out when other people on larger sized kites were coming in. I used to have an Aero 2 16m and wanted a similar performance in light winds and am so pleased with the Vegas. It turned very quickly and generated a really consistent and powerful pull. At one point i was overtaking a similar sized rider who was on a 21.

I also have a 12 and 10 and really looking forward to taking them out, the bar set up and 5th line all worked perfectly with my only complaint being that the Chicken loop was too long for me out of the box as my arms were at full stretch and so ended up feeling like i had a good workout at the end of the session (Maybe a good thing!!)

Overall very very pleased and would totally recommend this kite for lightwind conditions. Anyone one else riden the 05 16m and had any similar/different experiences?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:51 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I fully agree to you findings but look forward curiously to your report in more gusty conditions up to 16-18 kts ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:46 pm 
Rare Poster

Looking forward to that too, i know it feels a very grunty kite, too grunty for gusty higher wind conditions i dont know yet but will post when i have experieced it....anyone ridden the Vegas 05 16 at the upper limits of its wind range??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:24 am 
Rare Poster

Went out today on the Vegas 05 16m fully powered for the first time. the wind was steadily increasing and she did feel like a very powerful kite, got going nice and early on before the wind started to howl.

I weight about 75kg and was on a jaime pro 126 (Awesome Board!) and was going from about 12 knots upto about 19/20. Was maxed out once the wind closed in on the 20 knot mark.

I have come from Aero 2 kites and the depower, feel, lift and turning is amazing on the Vegas 05's. I am very pleased, dropped down to the 12m which then was good for me to about 25 knots....great wind range and great to fly a kite which looses little or no steerage when depowered, not used to that with the aero 2's!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I guess I came too late to the meeting to hear bad news about the 04. I replaced a R2-16 with an 04 V-16 and feel as if I got two-for-one. I'm 85kg and use a 130 and find this both very grunty like my R2-16 but has a new upper end. I too get uncomfortable approaching 20kts. It's typical high North quality with nice detailing.

jim

[ 5 posts ]