All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Most underrated board this year!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:00 am 
Medium Poster

I think the airush hammer is the most underrated board this year! I tried to get reviews on it but no one could tell me anything. So in the end I just took the plunge and got one. I kite in the open ocean and waves all the time so lots of chop and wanted a good allrounder that would be great in waves and chop. I have had, Airush switch and sidewinder and Flx 132, 142 05 & 06 all fantastic boards but the hammer is better better better!
It is like silk through chop has fantastic footpads and straps that soak up everything. I ride Xbows and this is one of the fastest most controllable boards I have ever ridden, you can go everywhere at lightspeed. The Double concave is amazing it turns from rail to rail better than a surfboard, with more control and at much higher speeds. Landings are super smooth no jarring the soft rails through the middle just seem to smooth everything out. On a wave face you can turn incredibly tight and it never gives you the sensation that it will breakfree. You have to change your style a bit, you ride a little more of the back foot as the rail in the middle is not as hard and you tend to load up before a jump more of the bigger fins and tail edge than the middle but you still get huge air. Even when I am at work you cannot wipe the smile of my face because my sessions are now so much fun. I come from a surfing background and have always wanted that sort of feeling in waves with my kite. I have a converse 6'2' which is great when the waves are going off but now i just want to ride this all the time because i can still jump and it just feels so fast! Try one I think you will love it. :D :thumb:

Tassie!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

do you think the Hammer is comparable to a floater from Naish? double concave, flip tips,...

I don't find any review of the Naish...

Is the Hammer light?

Thanks

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:59 pm 
Medium Poster

It is very light and yes I think it is similar but I have not actually seen a floater. I think the airush is maybe smaller and thinner with a little more flex but a similar concept I would say. More people should try these type of boards, in real world conditions they are great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yes, the floater is longer/wider/yhicker on the paper
Maybe it is better for me as I am a big guy and bought sonics with lost of depower.
It is a dream for our conditions on the north sea: confortable in chops, fast, jumps and rides waves if any.
I need to try (or buy?) one

Thanks for the info

Frank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:13 am 
Medium Poster

Thats great. I have been eyeing this board since it was released for the exact same conditions which you have described.

I have read some good things on the Airush forum and I believe most of team were very surprised at how good the board ended up being.

Post subject: Re: Most underrated board this year!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:19 am 
Medium Poster

I have had, Airush switch and sidewinder and Flx 132, 142 05 & 06 all fantastic boards but the hammer is better better better!

Tassie![/quote]

Hi Tassie,
Small point but I doubt you are comparing to the 06 FLX as we have only just released them.
They have a parabolic double comcave and wild fish graphics.
Thanks Adrian Roper
Underground Kiteboards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:00 am 
Frequent Poster

I just tried the Hammer 137 a little while ago. The float feels good on a wave face and you really can power your turns across the wave face ! I weigh 160lbs so I might be a little happier on a smaller version. I would like to try it in some bigger junkier surf but overall I think it's a great wave board.

Another board from Airush you might take a look at is the Converse 5'0. This is my fav in the waves ! It turns as fast as you can twitch your toes with great top to bottom down the line performance. I've never been able to cut up a wave as much as can on the 5-0 ! I still ride the Protoy 127 on most days but when the surf comes up I'm grabbing the Converse.

The big advantage the Hammer has over the PT and the 5-0 is it's versatility in the waves. It's fun to have a board that allows you to switch direction and ride the junk waves as if you are in a skate park as well as ride down the line on the clean wave faces !

Here's more info on the 3 boards I mentioned "

Hammer : https://www.airushkiteboarding.com/prod ... ber=100990
Converse : https://www.airushkiteboarding.com/prod ... ber=100988
Protoy : https://www.airushkiteboarding.com/prod ... ber=100982

Aloha,

Kyle

http://www.airushkiteboarding.com :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:55 am 
Very Frequent Poster

That looks like a load of rocker at the tips of the Hammer. Is the board slow riding in flat water due to the rocker?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:20 pm 
Frequent Poster

It won't be the fastest board you've riden because of it's rocker but it's not made for speed. It actually handles decently on the flats but it becomes more than just another board when it's on a wave face. This board does best in choppy and sloppy waves.

Aloha,

Kyle

http://www.airushkiteboarding.com :D

[ 9 posts ]