All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Litewave Stealth 130x39 board
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:46 pm 
Frequent Poster

About me: I work in a kite store and sell all kinds of gear from about 10 different kite companies... Here is my review on the new Stealth 130:
More info and pictures at: http://www.oceanextremesports.com/phpBB ... .php?t=194

Just wanted to post a few things about the new Litewave Stealth 130x39. Litewave made two new style of boards this year...the Stealth 130 and the 137(the really wide one). These boards are a lot thinner, have the step cap construction, lots of flex, and the same Litewave bomber proof Duraglide bottoms. In terms of the 130x39, here are a few comments:

Weight: A lot lighter than the normal Litewave Freestyle boards. Not quite as light as an underground or aggression board, but close. A lot lighter than a Liquid Force, Caution, Slingshot, or RRD board.

Shape: Looks a lot like a North Jamie Pro in terms of the steps, shape, etc.. bottom has a good blance of concave and nice rocker too it.

Flex: Very nice..not as stiff as the Litewave 125's from last year(or the year before that), not as flexy as a Hana Crew...right in the middle. It feels very smooth when going through chop and is great when smacking a lip on a wave(you can stomp the tail and almost bend the board...at least that is what it feels like...)

Speed: Pretty fast...the Underground FLX's are a little faster, but not by much.

Graphics: Orange and white...I would probably chose another color if I was making them...

Pads/Straps: comes standard with the Litewave pads and adjustable straps. I ended up putting the Hana Crew style pads on my board, because I don't like the arch layout of the litewave pads...just a preference thing...

Pop, jumping, etc..: Very nice....loads up well and springs back when ready to jump

Overall feel: It is a fast, loose type of feel. That is if you ride it with the standard fins it comes with. If you like a loose feel, you will love it. If you like a locked in grippy feel, you won't like this board. Overall, I loved it, and got myself one. I go with the Glide for the super light stuff, the Undergroud FLX 152 for the normal light wind to moderate stuff, and this board for my medium to high wind stuff.... We have demo's at the shop if anyone is in town and wants to try it out...

Attachments:
100_2825 (Small).JPG
100_2825 (Small).JPG [ 36.94 KIB | Viewed 2074 times ]
100_2823 (Small).JPG
100_2823 (Small).JPG [ 37.09 KIB | Viewed 2075 times ]
100_2821 (Small).JPG
100_2821 (Small).JPG [ 35.03 KIB | Viewed 2075 times ]
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:39 pm 
Medium Poster

thanks for the review, i'm in the market for a stealth 130. :thumb: :bye:

[ 2 posts ]