All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Review Best Waroo PRO 13.0 2007
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:53 pm 

Review for Best Waroo PRO 2007 13.0

Times tested: No Comment
Range: 6kn to 18kn

Good: Responsive like Waroo 9, turns basically on the spot, no bar pressure at all, even less than regular Waroo. I rode it on 45cm bar, and it was very responsive (should be on a 55cm)I can imagine that on the 55cm its insane. Have yet to try it on the up part of the range, but on the down it held pretty low until about 6kts where the summer lulls of Hobbie finally won ..
Havent tried any tricks yet .. conditions were lousy, but kite was picking me off the water on the slightest pool on the bar ..

Bad: I like some of Best's gear, not all (I love the Float, not crazy about the Drive, and think the Pro Board is a little bit heavy. I also thought the regular Waroo 9 is a sick! kite but the 12 is a bit slow.) The small volume of the bladder may make it harder to re-launch if the wind goes really low, still need to test it, but the point is that drag is so low, that even in light wind, way down the range, the slightest movement keeps it well in the air (it finally gave up when the wind lulled to about 5-6kts)

Review: The Waroo Pro may finally be the Neo of all kites ... the ONE .. deliver lot of surface with little drag, and without giving up any lift, aerodynamic structure was retained even with the thinner bladder.
Am yet to try it in steady wind, havnt looped it or relaunched, nor unhooked .. more to come .. may god bring wind

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 71-80
Ability: Advanced
Style: All
Preferred Water: Wave
Preferred Power: Over
Preferred Kite Size: 9.0
Most Used Kite Size: 13.0
Preferred Board Style:
Preferred Board Size: 121-130
Brand Affiliation: Normal Customer
Similar gear used: Waroo 9, Waroo 12, Waroo 14, Crossbow 12

For pictures and more reviews click here

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:50 pm 
Frequent Poster

Interesting. I can't wait for your comments in more juiced up conditions.

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:48 am 
Very Frequent Poster

you'll find the bar pressure picks up as the wind picks up,but not as much as the kite will pick you up....

[ 3 posts ]