All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Review Slingshot Link 7 2007
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:25 am 

Review for Slingshot Link 2007 7

Times tested: 2-5
Range: 16kn to 30kn

Good: Wind range with 136 cm Misfit 16 to 30 knots. Optimal range 18 to 25 knots.
Turning speed equivalent of an 11m Fuel.
In the 5 line mode the bar pressure and overall feel of the kite is very similar to a fuel.
Great unhooked.

Bad: All or nothing feeling: Loss of power suddenly with sheeting out. Not gradual decrease in power.

Review: I dont know why there has been so much bad shit on the net about the Link. It seems that many companies are focussing on hybrids and bows. We had all better get a little more used to them. The 12m Link is a fast turning, well powered hybrid with a wide wind range, that feels very similar to the 2005/2006 fuels with regards to bar pressure and flight characteristics.

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 81-90
Ability: Advanced
Style: All
Preferred Water: Wave
Preferred Power: Over
Preferred Kite Size: 11.0
Most Used Kite Size: 9.0
Preferred Board Style:
Preferred Board Size: 121-130
Brand Affiliation: Normal Customer
Similar gear used:

For pictures and more reviews click here

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:30 pm 
Medium Poster

have you had it in the water? I really like mine, problem is; cannot get the damn thing out of the water! got it on 5lines, nothing helps, it just sits there downwind, tube down ... tried using 5th line, it flies up and inverts, tried without, doesn't move a bit! tried with 5th line a bit...doesn't move! and this is just standing on the beach! let alone in the water... I'm really desperate..
Yesterday I was riding unhooked trying out new stuff and everytime the kite hits the water.. finito...I must say, it takes away the pleasure of learning new things...
why can't they put a movie online where they show it's possible to relaunch the kite in all conditions... (not this same movie about superflat water and the guy sitting onshore...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:03 pm 
Rare Poster

have you tried the backline? thats has always worked for me almost right away. if the wind is really light sometimes i cleat in a couple feet of 5th line so its almost on its back but not quite then swim off to the side. although thats only when the wind is like below 10 and im on a 9 meter.

Post subject: 12M Link New Bridle
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:17 pm 
Medium Poster

I have been flying the Links for about 3 months now. I have the 15M rigged 5 line and the 12M, 9M & 7M rigged 4 line.

I lengthened the 5th line about 10 inches and the back lines by 2 inches on the 15M. The 15M Link performs great with these adjustments. Its boosts high, points high, has great range and stability. This was my favorite of the lot until SS came out with a new bridle for the 12M Link.

I've flown the 12M Link with the new bridle twice now in powered conditions. Once in on shore 15 to 25mph and once in straight offshore 10 to 30 mph wave kiting very gusty conditions. Prior to the bridle replacement my main issue with the 4 line 12M Link was that couldn't get really high on my jumps like my Octane or Fuel 2006 kites. However since I made the bridle change the kite is now boosting amazingly. It also points high, turns fast, relaunches easily by just pointing the bar at the kite and can handle gusty conditions easily. The new bridle did increase bar pressure but this is a plus as you can clearly feel where the kite is in the air on jumps without looking at it. My only concern is that the new bridle is significantly longer than the previous one and this may cause it to wrap on the kite more easily in the surf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:25 pm 
Frequent Poster

Kiteosphere,

I got the new bridle too and I agree with all you said. The Link performs so much better with RED CODE BRIDLE that it turned in a completily diferent kite.
Now I can say I´m flying the real LINK.
Had a great session yesterday on 5 to 6´waves. Now I´m stoked with LINK.
All Link owners will be surprised with it´s perfromance on new bridle. :thumb:

I feel sorry for SS guys to had such a big mistake in such a great kite.

[ 5 posts ]