[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Review Eclipse Nano 6.0 2007
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm 

Review for Eclipse Nano 2007 6.0

Times tested: 2-5
Range: 20kn to 30kn

Good:

Bad:

Review: So my Nano 6M finally arrived the morning of March 27th...perfect timing cuz it was blowing 25-40mph by 10am and the waves were 6' with bigger sets here in So. Cal. Sometimes the stars align just right...

I weigh 160 lbs and the boards ridden with this kite were Jimmy Lewis 5'10" surfboard and Skywalker T-Wave.

SO here are my thoughts:

Kite: very well built with a lot of attention paid to making it surf tough. It may have been a bit overbuilt but when it comes to riding in big surf that is not a bad thing. Took about 35 or so pumps and the kite was ready to go...you gotta love small kites with a one pump.

Bar: Very nice, feels like a stick of dynamite in your hand. 45 cm = I think this kite is going to turn fast...

Performance: I set the kite up in the wave setting, that would be the second knot on the ss bridle. Seems like they send it ready to fly cuz it required no additional tuning or setup. Upon launch the first thing you notice is how stable the kite is. No strange surges forward in the window on the gusts and never felt like it was twitchy like some other small sle kites.

The kite was an absolute riot to ride. It almost made me feel like I was cheating. The kite is evenly powered throughout the window and is definitely a surf specific kite. Not to say it wasn’t a good jumper but its surf characteristics dominate the performance appeal. What I liked most about it was that it had no dead spots when riding on the waves. I could drop in late off the peak with a lot of board speed without outrunning the kite, it would sit a little further back in the window than my other kites and just wait for me to tell it what to do. Pull in the bar and it is ready to go. When driving down the line I could send the kite back while doing a cut back and the kite was so stable it would allow me to spend more time in the turn before looping.

The kite turns very fast...but not too fast. I fly another 7m SLE that turn super fast and has a tendency to fly too far forward in the window making you have to actively fly the kite at all times. That was not an issue with the Nano. The kite flies fast but sits a bit further back in the window adding to its stability and wave performance. I think that takes a bit of its upwind ability away but in 25-40mh wind that wasn't an issue. I will post when I have a chance to fly it in lighter wind. Very light bar pressure but still gives you enough feel to know where the kite is. Given the light bar pressure and bar setup the kite is very easy to fly with one hand adding to the surf feel. Don’t know how it rides unhooked but will post when I try

Final thoughts: This is going to be my go to kite on those nuclear wind big wave days. In those kinds of conditions I want a stable, fast and predictable kite, the Nano 6 seems to fit that bill.

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 61-70
Ability: Advanced
Style: Waverider
Preferred Water: Wave
Preferred Power: Good
Preferred Kite Size: 10.0
Most Used Kite Size: 10.0
Preferred Board Style:
Preferred Board Size: 121-130
Brand Affiliation: Normal Customer
Similar gear used:

For pictures and more reviews click here

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Nano 6
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:32 am 
Frequent Poster

Nice reveiw I got my wifes 6 nano last friday went to the beach it was blowing about 15-20 and nobody was out so grabbed the the 6 to fly on the beach rigged the kite with the the 45 cm. meter bar+20meter lines my brother and some other guys show up with 12s I launch the kite the kite was really stable considering the up and down conditions kite felt like it had alot of power but not enough to ride on a east wind so I landed the kite then I remembered what Dimitri said about adding 4 meter extensions for more power so I put them on now the kite had power so I grabbed my D-wave after I got through the shorebreak i was up and riding imagine that I was even cruising upwind and having the best time riding waves! Conclusion wifes kite my hurricane kite

Attachments:
newgraph.gif
newgraph.gif [ 19.47 KIB | Viewed 901 times ]

Last edited by KAWIKA on Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:38 am 
Frequent Poster

Kawika,

I think you mean 45cm bar.

Eclipse Nano 6 is supplied with a 45cm bar.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:12 am 
Very Frequent Poster

The NANO 6 comes with 20 meter lines plus 4 meters extension lines that you can add depending of the wind. Now if you use the 24 meter lines you will be able to jump higher and also you will be able to go up wind faster. Now I use 24 meter lines from 15 knots to 20++ knots. Then in 25 knots I use 20 meter lines.
Their is a new video out on ECLIPSE about wave riding on the NANO 9 in Morocco.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:27 pm 
Frequent Poster

Dimitri wrote:
The NANO 6 comes with 20 meter lines plus 4 meters extension lines that you can add depending of the wind. Now if you use the 24 meter lines you will be able to jump higher and also you will be able to go up wind faster. Now I use 24 meter lines from 15 knots to 20++ knots. Then in 25 knots I use 20 meter lines.
Their is a new video out on ECLIPSE about wave riding on the NANO 9 in Morocco.

This is it:

http://www.kiteforum.tv/component/optio ... Itemid,30/

Nice one. I like the handlepass over the pier jump. What kite was used?

Morocco seems like an awesome place to kite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The Handle pass jump was on the Thruster 14 prototype. I just wanted to see if this kite was good enogth to make it over the pier :lol:

[ 6 posts ]